Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I hate this new format. It's easier for me just not to post. I can't post pictures. My pics are on Photobucket, and when I tried, it was just a link. Then I was told to put them back on my puter, but I don't want to clog up my computer with pictures. Then I go to edit and rather than being able to edit a little word left out, it turns out the same or just deletes my post.

Further, I have to sign onto this forum multiple times to be able to post at all.

I've had it. It's been nice seeing all of you, getting to know many of you, but I don't have time to deal. If it gets easier, just let me know. Meanwhile, it's been fun while it lasted. I'll try to read and keep up, but I cannot stand having to sign in multiple times, etc.

Hugs to you guys,

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hang in there! You'll get it.

I too use Photo Bucket.

It helps to use two windows at the same time.

At PH highlight and copy the http: I think it's the middle choice.

Come here. When you want to add a picture, click the icon at the top of the posting box(yellow with mountain) Erase the blue http that's in the line. Right click and paste your http from PH into the line.

You can also keep yourself logged in for long periods of time so you don't have to keep signing in.

At the top is a usercp tab. Look over on the left, that's where all your controls are.

There's also test area where you can practice getting the picture thing down.

If you're still having trouble, pm me and I'll help you figure it out ok. Don't give up!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Mary Ann.........Please don't leave, what would we do without that little girl from Texas named Coco??? I stay logged in so I don't have to do it everytime! I am so computer DUMB:w00t: and I have gotten everything eventually except the siggy and I ask for help!! I know it is frustrating but please hang in there.:aktion033: You just have to be persistant~~~:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I have a little travel drive I keep plugged into a USB port on my laptop. I store all pics there (or anything else I want to save) and can easily load a pic from it (just choose it instead the C drive). It's pretty simple once you transfer your pics onto it, Mary Ann...really it is. As for having to sign in more than once, you must not have something checked. Honestly, it's not more difficult, just a little different. :) You cannot leave. We will hunt you down and find you. Haha!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
You can stay logged in all the time like in the old forum. Just don't log out of the site. There is a box you can check when you log in who asks if you want the site to remember you, put a check mark there. And don't ask your browser to clear the cookies each time you close it. This new site is not more difficult than the old one.

I haven't used photobucket until now to make a try for you, normally I download from my computer. Here is what you do, very easy : copy the Image code from the picture in photobucket and just paste it in the message box. I tried to do it through the mountain icon and it does not work, didn't for me anyway. Be careful that your image size is not too big, that might be a reason that it is not coming out.

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
Mary Ann.........Please don't leave, what would we do without that little girl from Texas named Coco??? I stay logged in so I don't have to do it everytime! I am so computer DUMB:w00t: and I have gotten everything eventually except the siggy and I ask for help!! I know it is frustrating but please hang in there.:aktion033: You just have to be persistant~~~:thumbsup:

I also stay logged in, and I don't understand a thing about computers, I have just been playing around on the site and trying to figure it out. Don't leave

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Mary Ann, I'm the opposite of you....I HAVE to use Photobucket and hate it!!! It's so much easier for me just to upload a picture from my computer, but it won't let me because I've used up all my alloted picture space...:blink:

Other than that, it's not all that difficult. Although i do have my moments, like when i'm trying to find something and then I have to ...think :w00t: - and I really hate that!!!!! :blush:

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
People are making this way too hard. When using Photobucket, you no longer need to use the "Insert Image" Icon.

I'm a visual learner and thought this might be helpful.

Step #1
Have 2 tabs open within whatever browser you use. I'm using Firefox here. You can toggle back and forth really quickly and easily this way.

Step #2

Step #3

Step #4

Step #5

Step #6

Step #7
WooHoo!! Your picture should show up right where you pasted the IMG Code. It's super easy to insert captions in between photos this way too.

As for having to log in all the time, there is a box you need to have checked that says to keep you logged in. I'll do that in another photo tutorial.:thumbsup:

Don't leave. We love you and will miss you. I'm finally able to be here again. :bysmilie:

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
People are making this way too hard. When using Photobucket, you no longer need to use the "Insert Image" Icon.

I'm a visual learner and thought this might be helpful.

Step #1
Have 2 tabs open within whatever browser you use. I'm using Firefox here. You can toggle back and forth really quickly and easily this way.

Step #2

Step #3

Step #4

Step #5

Step #6

Step #7
WooHoo!! Your picture should show up right where you pasted the IMG Code. It's super easy to insert captions in between photos this way too.

As for having to log in all the time, there is a box you need to have checked that says to keep you logged in. I'll do that in another photo tutorial.:thumbsup:

Don't leave. We love you and will miss you. I'm finally able to be here again. :bysmilie:

Good tutorial! This is exactly what I do with all photos. By the way Mary Anne, You don't have to use Modizilla, you can use any internet source.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
As for having to log in all the time, don't log out when you exit SM. When you log back in, have you checked the "Remember Me" box?

Also, for showing pics in a post of yours, make sure these boxes are checked in your USER CP, under the EDIT OPTIONS section of the far left side of the screen.

These 3 boxes are the ones I'm talking about

Hope this helps! :grouphug:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! You guys are great. Okay, I'll keep trying, but I tried to post pics from Photobucket on the Angel thread, and I couldn't do it. I tried to edit a post because I left out a word, and it didn't take, and I have to sign in over and over even though I have that check on there as remember me. Some days it works and some it doesn't. Thank you Ladies for trying to help. I guess you've convinced me that I need to work a bit harder, but this just frustrates the heck out of me. I am a creature of habit, and I loved the old format. I've been on other forums and am on other forums, and not one is as difficult for me as this one. I really do just hate it. Thank you again for all the tutorials. That's amazing!!:wub: Obviously, I can do the emoticons. :smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
:you rock: great explanation Crystal ! hopefully with the pictures she will understand better. Now you have to teach me how to insert those screen shots. I think I know how to do it, but it would take me for ever. What do you use to edit them ?

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I tried to edit a post because I left out a word, and it didn't take,
maybe this one I can help because it happened to me.

ok I am editing now. Maybe you did what I did, click on "Post Reply" (bottom left). Wrong way. You have to click on "Save". You have 3 buttons at the bottom of the editing box : Save Go Advanced Cancel
When you click on "Save" it will post. And by the way you don't need to give a reason for editing.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe this one I can help because it happened to me.

ok I am editing now. Maybe you did what I did, click on "Post Reply" (bottom left). Wrong way. You have to click on "Save". You have 3 buttons at the bottom of the editing box : Save Go Advanced Cancel
When you click on "Save" it will post. And by the way you don't need to give a reason for editing.
Thank you. I don't know what I clicked, but I did click on the post reply, and it was the same, so I left it as it was. Argh! Next time, I'll do it the other way. I sure didn't want to have to write a reason for editing. Good grief. :mellow:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I have to sign in over and over even though I have that check on there as remember me. Some days it works and some it doesn't
Maybe the administrator can help with this. This happened to me with the old forum and I never found out why this suddenly happened. It did not bother me too much because at least it kept my user name and password. On this new forum I stay logged in.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
:you rock: great explanation Crystal ! hopefully with the pictures she will understand better. Now you have to teach me how to insert those screen shots. I think I know how to do it, but it would take me for ever. What do you use to edit them ?
Awww shucks. ::drawing pictures with my toe on the ground and looking down while blushing:: Thanks.:blush:

For the screen shots, just hit the Print Screen (PrtScn) key, then go into whatever photo editing program you use and right click and paste into a new document. For things like I just did where I'm not too picky and in a hurry, I just use PhotoFiltre.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
I have a little travel drive I keep plugged into a USB port on my laptop. I store all pics there (or anything else I want to save) and can easily load a pic from it (just choose it instead the C drive). It's pretty simple once you transfer your pics onto it, Mary Ann...really it is. As for having to sign in more than once, you must not have something checked. Honestly, it's not more difficult, just a little different. :) You cannot leave. We will hunt you down and find you. Haha!
I'll go with you Britt.........but I guess you have a headstart, you both being in Texas!!!!:HistericalSmiley:Seriously Mary Ann, hang ten with us!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
You know, Crystal, I manage a training dept., and we have a bunch of "job aids" that we need created right now . . .

Nice job on those - you could have a second career in your spare time!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh yes we will. If we don't see you posting, I'm heading to the airport with my uh... Maltese Blood Hound to find you.:angry: The new format has been really jarring for many of us, but it's like riding a new cyber-bike...eventually you'll get there.:HistericalSmiley:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts