Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
Christine -- I told you that God would show you the way and He did. He doesn't always answer our prayers the way we thought He would, but He always answers them. Leo and Mia are sooooooooo bonded and have been together since they were young puppies. I had wondered if Tony might eventually feel left out because of Leo and Mia's close bond.

It's wonderful, though, that God answered your prayer to get Tony into a very loving "furever" home. Now we'll need to pray for the Peke.

Sometimes it's hard to do what we know is the best for the fluffs because we let our own needs/wants come into play. Remember that you have 2 wonderful, loving fluffs and hold them tight. That will make you stop thinking about Tony. Hugs to you, my dear, dear friend.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Christine -- I told you that God would show you the way and He did. He doesn't always answer our prayers the way we thought He would, but He always answers them. Leo and Mia are sooooooooo bonded and have been together since they were young puppies. I had wondered if Tony might eventually feel left out because of Leo and Mia's close bond.

It's wonderful, though, that God answered your prayer to get Tony into a very loving "furever" home. Now we'll need to pray for the Peke.

Sometimes it's hard to do what we know is the best for the fluffs because we let our own needs/wants come into play. Remember that you have 2 wonderful, loving fluffs and hold them tight. That will make you stop thinking about Tony. Hugs to you, my dear, dear friend.
Thank you so much. I am bawling crying now. But Lynn thosse were almost my hubbies exact words. And you are so right, about putting the babies first, and that's what I ultimately did.

Thank you all of you. Just a very draining day, but bless little Tony, and perhaps I can give the okay to the shelter to give the new owners my information in case they do want to do meet ups.

Thank you all again.

Christine, I have always thought that you are one of the kindest and most loving people I've had the pleasure to know. Don't think for a moment that you failed Tony. You did what was right for all of you. Tony still gets to go to a wonderful home where he will be loved and appreciated. I know it's hard that he didn't come home with you, you're a strong person for making the choice you did. *hugs*

I was hoping to see pictures of little Tony home with Leo and Mia but I think this is still a wonder outcome. Toni will have a great home and you never know why this played out the way it did. Maybe there will be another little Tony in need of a home even more than this one and you'll be there to give it to him. Things happen for a reason so we'll have to just wait and see what the reason is. You have a lot of love to give and when the time is right they'll be a pup that needs it. I think you'd be the perfect 3 pup mom!
I think it would be great if the shelter puts Toni's new family in touch with you. If this is their first Malt you would be a world of help and just think of the fun play days you can have.
Hugs to you Christina!

You have so much love to give, Christine. Your husband, too. I totally understand your hesitation about splitting the babies up. I bet their is another baby boy, or girl, out there waiting to jump into your loving arms. You all deserve it!!!
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

:sLo_grouphug3::sLo_grouphug3:
Ouch! Why does something that turned out so good feel so bad today?
Your name "allheart" tells it all!
I have been exactly in your shoes just before we got Kitzi---trying to adopt a little maltese in TX. and having it fall through at the last moment---had already bought lots of stuff for "little Jack" and he had been promised to us---won't go into detail here because this isn't about me---but I still wonder/pray/think of our little "still-birth puppy" that went to another home. I remind myself almost every day IF we had been granted the opportunity to adopt him we would have never considered getting little Kitzel.
I think what I have seen here is that you have a huge space in your heart for another little life----I will pray you find each other!
I wish you lived in my neighborhood!:wub:

oo honey you didnt fail tony , the first initial point was to get him a forever home ... and he is now going to get one .. and i do agree with the playdates, and i hope that the peke gets his forever home as well , the pics are adorable thanks for sharing !

Christine, I'm so sorry it didn't work out. But, everything happens for a reason. I've wanted somethings to work out in my life so badly and they didn't. Then, years later, I came "full circle" and realized it was for the best and was happy it didn't work out, because there was something much better in store for me. God speaks to us in a little voice called intuition. There was a purpose that you and Tony met, we just haven't seen why yet. Please, don't be sad, Tony will be loved and have a wonderful life with his new family. Just by you starting this thread, members and lurkers across the world will read this thread.....and it will get them thinking about rescue or how they may be able to contribute in their own way. So, I believe without you even knowing, you have helped other fluffs out there in need. Hugs to you.

Christine, you absolutely made the best decision for ALL of the furbabies. Of course Tony could be happy in a loving home such as yours, but perhaps this new home he is going to is just perfect for his needs. Your pair is so sweet, but Tony had a few reservations it sounds like after the initial meeting. It is so hard when you picture them being added to your family, and the fluffs decide otherwise. I know it hurts. Your ultimate goal was to have him in a new forever home, and he is getting just that. :) Good job!

Before we got Preston, I'm not sure if you remember, but we tried adopting a rescue Maltese named Joey. He was absolutely perfect and we thought we would be bringing him home. We took London to our 1st meeting with Joey, and it didn't go so well. When they first saw each other, they were both fearful of the other and although they did start to play by the end of it, they were both still so skittish around one another. The rescue person suggested we take Joey for the weekend as a trial, but I knew in my heart it wasn't the perfect match for us & London, as much as I wanted it to be. I still feel so sad we couldn't give Joey a home, and it's been over a year. I knew London would adapt better with a puppy, and I was right...Preston fits in like no other. We couldn't be more happy with the way things turned out.

Keep your head up, and eyes open for a new opportunity. :) Your heart is the right place. Love you!

Christine - you did everything right. The only problem that got in the way is that you loved that little guy too much. I also believe everything happens for a reason - and when the right time comes, it will happen - like it or not! :p I bet you end up with three at some point.....:blush:

I'm sorry the adoption didn't work out for you but you obviously have a big heart and did what was best for Toni and your dogs. That little peak will be adopted in no time, and once they get adjusted to their new homes they will be fine. I never see dogs that cute in the shelter around here. They would last about a day.

My sister in law adopted two little dogs that were surrendered together because their owner was in a hospice. They're wonderful dogs and she couldn't be happier.

Christine - just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you today. I know you must be exhausted after yesterday, emotionally and hope that you know you did everything to help little Tony and it worked:)

I was following this and hoping for the best for you. I'm glad it worked out for Tony and I'm sure the other little one will be ok too. I think when it's right it will just happen without so much heartache as this time. It's hard not to fall in love with those little faces.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
I am so sorry to have to report, but I just called to make sure Tony was adopted, and the other family that wanted him so desperately???? NEVER SHOWED UP. :crying:Kathy, assured me, she had a family just waiting for him. But that's not her fault, they just didn't show up. I spoke to a different girl today, and she told me both babies are still there.

Guys, I am so sorry to report this.

I will contact the rescue organizations that you mentioned.

I just don't understand why they don't foster them out?

I am so sorry to report this, deeply I am. For all of you, Tony and his little peak friend.

I wish I had better news. Just keep praying and I will do all I can.

Thank you for all of your love and support and all your kind words.

I feel like crud, but am on a mission......

Bless all of you!

I am so sorry to have to report, but I just called to make sure Tony was adopted, and the other family that wanted him so desperately???? NEVER SHOWED UP. :crying:Kathy, assured me, she had a family just waiting for him. But that's not her fault, they just didn't show up. I spoke to a different girl today, and she told me both babies are still there.

Guys, I am so sorry to report this.

I will contact the rescue organizations that you mentioned.

I just don't understand why they don't foster them out?

I am so sorry to report this, deeply I am. For all of you, Tony and his little peak friend.

I wish I had better news. Just keep praying and I will do all I can.

Thank you for all of your love and support and all your kind words.

I feel like crud, but am on a mission......

Bless all of you!
Christine - Are you sure this wasn't meant to be? Maybe you should try another meet-up? Just sayin'. I can't believe people don't show up.

I'd try another meet-up as well. ;) Things are supposed to happen in a certain way!

I'm a little upset at that family though. How rude to say you want to add someone to your family and then leave them hanging! :(

So maybe, just maybe you are being given a second chance?:wub:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.