Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went x'mas shopping yesterday at century city mall and saw this HUGE maltese. I would say he was about 20lb. He was pretty cute though but my god, what was she feeding him.
Has anybody seen an unusual size maltese?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Nov 27 2004, 07:50 PM
I went x'mas shopping yesterday at century city mall and saw this HUGE maltese. I would say he was about 20lb. He was pretty cute though but my god, what was she feeding him. 
  Has anybody seen an unusual size maltese?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18836
[/QUOTE]

Could it have been a white Havanese (weight 7-13 pounds) or white Coton de Tulear (weight 12-15 pounds)? Both of these dogs resemble the Maltese, especially from a distance.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what white Havanese and white Coton de Tulear look like but it WAS maltese. I even pet him. Scary huh???

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
wasnt it cute? the lady i got sprite from had this 15 lb maltese. its adorable because its just a huge version of your little ones. the eyes look amazing!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was exactly the huge version of regular maltese. I thought he was cute! doctorcathy- honey, we need to get together and go shopping! Oh, did you read maltese meetup? mee and I were talking about getting together for the maltese meetup in LA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Our largest Maltese is 14 pounds...Her name is Kandi... Her brother is only 5 1/2 pounds and her sister is 7 pounds....

We blame the extra pounds on the fact Kandi is spaded. I know they say it doesnt add weight but it sure did on her...But she was always the biggest on in the litter.

Since is is really my daughter dog....and she works at a doggie day care center and brings treats...that could have something to do with it also...

We are in the process of letting her hair grow back out from her summer puppy cut and I called her shaggy moose!!

Joy

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lani....if you totally dont mind my dogs acting like animals and trying to 'attack' your babies---then it'd be great to meet.

ps. im totally being 100% honest about how my dogs react.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Joy@Nov 27 2004, 08:51 PM
Our largest Maltese is 14 pounds...Her name is Kandi... Her brother is only 5 1/2 pounds and her sister is 7 pounds....

We blame the extra pounds on the fact Kandi is spaded. I know they say it doesnt add weight but it sure did on her...But she was always the biggest on in the litter.

Since is is really my daughter dog....and she works at a doggie day care center and brings treats...that could have something to do with it also...

We are in the process of letting her hair grow back out from her summer puppy cut and I called her shaggy moose!!

Joy
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18866
[/QUOTE]

Joy, I don't think being spayed would put on that much weight. I would try to get her down to her normal weight. LadyMontava, who is a vet student, posted a wonderful chart that helps determine if the dog is overweight. Here is the link:
Dog Weight Info From LadyMontava Scroll down to get to the posts...there is one showing a photo of weight ranges and then scroll down a couple more for the second one with more details....

So many diseases can develop in overweight dogs such as diabetes, joint problems, etc. Since dogs can't go on diets by themselves(duh!), they really depend on us to keep them at their proper weight. I know it is easy to over-indulge them..... My Kallie was two pounds overweight and I'm working now at getting it off of her. She has lost over 1/2 pound already, so she's on the way....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Nov 27 2004, 08:43 PM
It was exactly the huge version of regular maltese. I thought he was cute! doctorcathy- honey, we need to get together and go shopping! Oh, did you read maltese meetup? mee and I were talking about getting together for the maltese meetup in LA.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18860
[/QUOTE]

sure ! maltese meetup in LA sounds fun !!!!!
u should join us dc.Cathy, i would love to meet a "relative" of jong-ee

actually jongee got "attacked" by a big dog today..
i was walking her as usual in the morning and then suddenly this huge goldenretriever or labador (it was only a puppy tho but it was HUGE compared to jongee) without a collar dashes up and attacks jongee from behind

u dont know how scared and frightend we BOTH were !!!!

but fortunately the dog was just a happy dog trying to play but it seemed like he was attacking her !!

i quickly picked up jongee and protected her but the dog kept jumping and jumping and even if i was holding jongee up in the air (poor jongee, she was trembling the whole time) he still was able to touch her with his mouth !!!!!!!

gosh...where did the dog come from ???
i couldnt even move coz of the super hyper dog jumping on me

then this guy also walking from behind started shouting out to me asking if i was alright and then came and started shouting at the dog "sit !" stay !! but it didnt work..

but then this other lady was driving by and noticed it and she kindly took the dog to the humane society i believe..

sigh...

i was thinking of also adding a big dog for jongee's playmate when i can afford more maltese, but i guess it'll be out of the question now..big dogs are just too big for her..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Lani@Nov 28 2004, 06:26 AM
mee, so when should we do it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18937
[/QUOTE]

im not really sure of my winter break plan, but for now, school ends on the 18th dec (saturday), and anytime on the 19th and 20th is fine for me..

i might go back home in beginning of Jan. for 10 days, and right before my spring term starts (Jan.17th) is good for me too..

what about u?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks about jong-ee. you know how many times sprite and ellie were attacked?? like 5 times during dog training and one time my mom was walking ellie and this pitbull mix went up to them growling AND one time during the early morning during a walk.

gruffi's been attacked like 10 times AT LEAST. its totally messed up how people dont take care of their dogs! i hate that.

anyway, gruffi acts like a beast...but we keep him on a short leash. if we were to have a few hours set up to go somewhere...the first hour my dogs are bad and then after that they'd be sorta good. LOL. you should see how gruffi acts with ellie while they play. he's REALLY scared of her.

anyway, tell me a date and time if you're cool with my dogs.
im free all the time.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, poor jongee...
I hate irresponsible owners!!!
It's like "keep your stupid dog in your sight!"

Anyways, I'm free most of the time as well but let me know the date early so I don't make any plans.
mee, you're the busy one here so you tell us when.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mee, Dec. 20th is fine with me as long as not in the morning. I'm not a morning (am)person. Let me know when and where. How about you doctorcathy?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts