Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

I spilled nail polish remover on my WOOD coffee table

26K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  wooflife 
That happened to me too! I couldn't get rid of it.. so in the end we sanded the surface and I painted over it. hope you can find some way to solve that situation, I would certainly like to know for the next time I do that!

I would try Goof Off. It has worked miracles for me. I've used it on my wood trim and it was ok. I also looked up a review for the product and one person said they used it on their wood kitchen cupboards and it didn't hurt the finish. I'll insert the link to the product as well as to the review site. It wouldn't hurt to try it first, especially since your only other option my be to have the table refinished anyway. Either that or how about a nice doily! :smtease:

Goof Off Product list

Reviews for Goof Off[/B]
it hurt the finish of our brand new wooden table when we used it to get gunk off left by packaging material. It's not too noticeable, but when you look from an angle at the table, you can see these greasy looking spots where we used it.. it won't come off :( but for non-finished hardwood surfaces, it works great! it just smells terrible!

However, I don't think goof off is going to work for this situation. nail polish remover totally removed the finishing off on my cabinet so that part was rough and grainy in texture and white. I think I tried it for my polish remover accident too, but no avail.

If any of the methods above like mayo and lemon oil, etc. work - please let us know! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.