Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up from the computer and turned and started walking when I felt something very soft and squishy beneath my foot. Little C made one little yelp. I nearly vomited. She seems okay. She is wandering around right now, looking for her favorite toy. She even gave me kisses when I picked her her to see if she was all right. She seemed to be apologizing for making me worry! Just to set my mind at ease, I tried to take her to the vet's, but he was already gone. Little C was squirming about madly and wagging her tail and demanded to stop by the park for a quick run and pee, so I'm guessing she'll be all right?

I'm so thankful that I don't wear shoes in the house. I wouldn't have felt her underfoot nearly as quickly and my foot is softer than a shoe's sole.

I did poke and squeeze her all over and she just got that glazed look she gets during belly rubs--no whimpering or flinching.

Neither dog apparently learned a thing from this as both are lying on the floor behind me. They have their own balcony with their own stairs to the window, two dog beds, my bed, the new sofa, and my lap and they prefer to stretch out on the floor and possibly get stepped on.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Jun 12 2005, 08:02 AM
I got up from the computer and turned and started walking when I felt something very soft and squishy beneath my foot.  Little C made one little yelp.  I nearly vomited.  She seems okay.  She is wandering around right now, looking for her favorite toy.  She even gave me kisses when I picked her her to see if she was all right.  She seemed to be apologizing for making me worry!    Just to set my mind at ease, I tried to take her to the vet's, but he was already gone.  Little C was squirming about madly and wagging her tail and demanded to stop by the park for a quick run and pee, so I'm guessing she'll be all right?

I'm so thankful that I don't wear shoes in the house.  I wouldn't have felt her underfoot nearly as quickly and my foot is softer than a shoe's sole. 

I did poke and squeeze her all over and she just got that glazed look she gets during belly rubs--no whimpering or flinching.

Neither dog apparently learned a thing from this as both are lying on the floor behind me.  They have their own balcony with their own stairs to the window, two dog beds, my bed, the new sofa, and my lap and they prefer to stretch out on the floor and possibly get stepped on. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71771
[/QUOTE]

Poor thing, I;m glad she is ok. chester always use to walk under my feet and somtime I steped on his paw by accident ... he does ot do that anymore. Chelsey still does it when i'm walking her. I try my best to keep her away from feet.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I didn't even mention the true horror of it all. She was sprawled out on her belly and I stepped on her spine.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I know that sickening feeling! I stepped down from a stepladder in the kitchen and stepped right on Abbey! Luckily I only got her foot and she whelped but boy does it make you feel down right awful!!

I'm glad little C's okay!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Jun 12 2005, 08:26 AM
Oh, I didn't even mention the true horror of it all.  She was sprawled out on her belly and I stepped on her spine. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71777
[/QUOTE]

oh no. That would have really freeked me out. I'm glad she is ok. I only steped on chester paw, it still leave you num in shock.
good think about our furbies they always forgive us with lots of kisses.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww....
Glad you and Little C are both ok!
I have also stepped on Brink's paw and accidently kicked him/walked into him which sent him flying across the linoleum a little ways...
That was when he was a tinier puppy...he is always right behind me..

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I know this must have scared the bejeebers outta ya! but sounds as if little C is not injured and that is the bottom line..so happy for that!
Terry and Missy

·
Registered
841 Posts
Boy do we know that feeling ,when we first got Summer my son accidently step back and stepped on her leg I wasn't here at the time and the kids called scared to death I came right home an felt her leg she didn't cry or anything but she favored it ( Husband said would be alright)
next day still favored so we went to the vet an she had a fractured leg
boy did I feel
put a hot pink cast on for 3 weeks thank G she's ok BUT now she where's a bell and all of us are alot more cautious We all know where she is if were in the room with her

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
:new_Eyecrazy: Oh I know that feeling myself. Scooby sits right next to me when I am on my computer too. I have a swivel chair and when I turn around to get up he is right there. I have kicked him a couple of times and felt awful. Now I keep my feet together on the floor when I turn and he jumps up and moves the moment my chair moves. I guess he learnt his lesson too.
I am please C is ok too

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh my goodness. At least she's normal!

·
Registered
179 Posts
sounds like you were "hurt" more by this than Little C.

It is definitely traumatic. My first Maltese was good about staying out of the way.....but my two rescue pups unfortunately took a few "hits" before they learned that feet were not NEARLY as safe as hands!!!!!

I was however, even traumatized once by my Sweetie, when she JUMPED from my hands so quickly she FLEW in mid air.........luckily landing on a sofa.........It could have been disasterous. She was on 2.9 lbs at the time! :

I remember reading about a Malt that actually died when being accidentally dropped from a little more than waist high.

I am so glad Little C is okay.............and that you are recovering nicely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts