Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My refridgerator has stopped working! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Oh no - been there done that - just about a year ago. Good luck and hugs to you!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
.......and of course, it always happens on the weekend~~I am so sorry. I hope you get a replacement asap. Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh I know how awful that can be!! has happened to me several times ( but after abt 10 years!... not new as yours! ) Mine seemed to happen on week-ends too!
Yup, sent hubby off to store for ice and 'borrowed' space in neighbor's freezer as well as coolers for milk butter eggs and basics food to get us thru.
The last time we were able to borrow a friends 'student size refrig' to get us thru. I HATE the refrig we have now! runs fine just hate, hate, hate most of the lay out, hate the black finish (though I liked it, obviously, at the time) and ... this one will probably last forever!

Hope you get a repalcement quickly... no fun 'camping" in your own home!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Time to go to the local news station. This is the last straw. I swear, Laura, that my LG has been amazing and never a moment's worry. Do check the lemon laws, really. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank goodness it's working again! I was going in a much stressful tangent and hubby had just walked in from work last night. I ended up pulling out the bottom freezer and I noticed a huge block of ice along the back. Which of course was blocking vents, etc. Christopher (the only small one, who knew what to do, and volunteered!) got in there with a spatula and scraped it all off and it started working instantly.

I am suspecting this is what caused that loud boat motor sound?? I don't know why it's not defrosting properly??? We make sure the doors are always closed and it has a device that if the top or bottom doors are open for longer than 2 minutes, it gives off this really loud and annoying beep, until you close it. My LG Premium Care plan expires next month, but I am going to Sears this afternoon and see if I can get the Sears plan. Much better service!

I called LG last night and they had an alternate service provider who they would send out. Imagine my disbelief when they told me who it was! LOL The second provider is just as bad as the first company. The other service provider sells appliances that have been refurbished and then he resells as new. It would be like him getting my refridgerator, cleaning it up and selling it as a brand new refridgerator.

They nearly caused one of our rentals to burn down, after we bought a dishwasher from them several years ago. It was not installed properly and had exposed wires that were very close to touching each other and mixing with water that was flowing underneath it. Yeah, we made them come get that junk real quick. So no, I told LG I want Sears to come out to do any work on my refridgerator. Only drawback, was that I would have to pay out of pocket first and then submit a claim to LG and "possibly" be reimbursed. NOT COOL!

I'm definately going to speak to the main store manager at Sears and put my beeotch pants on. Something I don't like to do, but I have no choice. I have been way more than nice and patient.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am literally at my wits end. I was PROMISED that I would get a phone call from a supervisor from LG. NADA, ZIP, NOTHING!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts