Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Charmypoo!

I called Sparkle's breeder (Chalet de Maltese). She just had a litter 3 days ago. There were 2 girls and 1 boy. She is keeping one girl and the boy. I told her I was really interested and she said to call back in 5 weeks. She would be able to tell me more about the puppy then and email me a picture. The girl is $1800 plus about $175 for shipping and $40 for a crate. The breeder's dogs are usually mature to be around 4lbs. I was a little concerned about that since Lexi is 8.5lbs, but she is used to playing with dogs of all sizes.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oh I am SO jealous!
If she looks anything like Sparkle, I might not be your friend anymore!
J/K!!! But she would definetely be put on my dog-nap list!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Wonderful news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you!

Was the breeder worried about the size difference at all?

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 1 2005, 10:17 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67611
[/QUOTE]
Not really. I told her how Lexi plays with dogs of all sizes and is very gentle with smaller dogs.

Edit: This is the breeder's website: Chalet de Maltese The father is Leo (also Sparkle's father).

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Jun 1 2005, 11:17 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67611
[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention this, also, because my breeder would not sell me a dog that was going to mature to a small size due to Kallie's large size at 9 pounds.

Lexi's Mom, you may want to make sure the breeder feels there would be no problem... I know that my guys play pretty rough with each other and it is a good feeling knowing that Catcher at 7 pounds can hold his own with Kallie..... After all... 8 pounds is twice the size of 4 (duh..)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Absolutely terrific! Congratulations! And don't worry about the size difference, Pippin is only 4 1/2 lbs and he plays with my mom's 8 lb malt and our 10 lb havanese all the time.

I am soo happy for you!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
i personally don't think the size difference is a huge issue if the breeder thought it would be OK.. after all, like kristi said, lexi's played with smaller dogs before.

it all depends on the gentle-ness of the dog, IMO.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
i personally don't think the size difference is a huge issue if the breeder thought it would be OK.. after all, like kristi said, lexi's played with smaller dogs before.

it all depends on the gentle-ness of the dog, IMO.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67639
[/quote

My group have a Westie among them. She thinks she is a Maltese, and they are dominent over her. My smallest, Dee Dee, is just four pounds, and they love each other. China, Kelsey, and Lucy run and play so that they keep me in stitches. Kelsey is eighteen pounds.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
That's great, Lexi's Mom!
That place is only a couple hours from me. Actually closer than I got Abbey ~ but hubby would not pay that much!! Too bad - 'cause Sparkle is a cutie!!
And all of her maltese look beautiful! Which one is the Dam? I did notice a couple had bad tearstaining but I don't think Sparkle does! That's one thing I'm glad Abbey doesn't and shouldn't get since neither of her parents have it. (crossing fingers now!)

I'm not sure about the size difference ~ as long as Lexi is gentle. And you would know best about that. I'm struggling with my outside cat who is 10 lbs. He just wants to play with Abbey~but every day it seems he hurts her. She loves playing with him, too but I can't seem to get him to understand to be easy. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy
yelling at that cat so much! Yesterday, I thought for sure he broke her foot - she was limping on it. But she keeps going back for more!!

I do want to add that Abbey isn't 4 lbs yet though. She is 2.12 lbs at alittle over 5 months. She is expected to be 4 -5 lbs full grown so she may get bigger and sturdier! I'm not really sure how much difference is between a 4 lber & 8 lbs. so I would just trust the breeder on that one.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
My puppy's best friend is our neighbor's 38 lb. beagle. He just had back surgery, poor thing. He is the most gentle animal I have ever encountered. We also met a friend's cockapoo over the weekend. Valletta wanted nothing to do with her. She is a month younger and weighs 16lbs. She was not at all gentle, but not aggressive either. She just seemed very poorly coordinated and kind of lumbered about. I did not trust the two dogs playing without being on their leads. Our pup weighs 4.3 lbs. and, while she is small, she is fairly sturdy because she's compact. Her body is definitely in proportion and she doesn't seem "skinny" or fragile.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That's great news Kristi!! Oooooh! I'm so excited for you!! It's funny because my situation was the opposite...Peanut is smaller than Tic will be when Tic is full grown. The only problem I have is that since Tic is the puppy and he's full of puppy energy he jumps a lot and sometimes he lands on Peanut...That's something we're working on. Ahhhh!!! I'm so excited for you! :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Lexi's Mom... where is that breeder located?? That would be a perfect size for a playmate for Kodie!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Congrats Lexi's Mom.
I am really happy for you. I am spitting distance from W.Va. but can't spend that kind of money.

Gotta save some money for the Grandbaby.

I'm still looking and I WILL find a puppy.

ConnieVa

1 - 20 of 29 Posts