Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, its not quite 3 weeks since I lost my little Holli but today I decided that I found the new little girl that I have been searcing for. When Holli got sick I knew that this day would come, so this has been a loooooong search. I just hope that my little angel in heaven approves.

She is a little cutie pie and she is ready to come home, so hopefully she will be sitting here with me next week sometime! Her picture will be inside my profile in a minute or two.

I am like a nervous mother! I dont have a name for a girl puppy- she was born on halloween but should be coming home around valentines day (my wonderful bf made her easier to afford as part of my valentines gift)

Its been 14 years since I've had a puppy so I see ALOT has changed. Thats ok though because I DONT REMEMBER how I did it back then either!!! I am going to need lots of help! I am just about jumping off the walls here I cannot wait to finally get my hands on her. :D

I have LOTS of reading to do so I better get to it. Just thought I'd give an update!

Janet and my new little nameless

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
congrats...how exciting! cant wait to see ur new little one!

i see her pic now...she looks absolutely adorable!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
What a cutie!!!!
Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!!!!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Feb 11 2005, 06:56 PM
Well everyone, its not quite 3 weeks since I lost my little Holli but today I decided that I found the new little girl that I have been searcing for.  When Holli got sick I knew that this day would come, so this has been a loooooong search. I just hope that my little angel in heaven approves. 

She is a little cutie pie and she is ready to come home, so hopefully she will be sitting here with me next week sometime!  Her picture will be inside my profile in a minute or two. 

I am like a nervous mother!  I dont have a name for a girl puppy- she was born on halloween but should be coming home around valentines day (my wonderful bf made her easier to afford as part of my valentines gift) 

Its been 14 years since I've had a puppy so I see ALOT has changed.  Thats ok though because I DONT REMEMBER how I did it back then either!!!  I am going to need lots of help!  I am just about jumping off the walls here I cannot wait to finally get my hands on her.  :D

I have LOTS of reading to do so I better get to it.  Just thought I'd give an update!

Janet and my new little nameless

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34927
[/QUOTE]

Congrats!!!

The puppy is sooooooo cute
I'm jealous!! My little Lucy was born on October 9th =]

Anyways, can't wait to hear more about the little nameless

I'm Jessica btw.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Janet, I'm so glad everything worked out. I assume this is the puppy you told me about. You have made a wise choice. She is absolutely adorable. Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Janet,
How great! She is a cutie. Did you find her nearby or are you going to have to travel??? We want details!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh Janet!
I am so happy for you.I know how excited you are.I was beside my self with excitement when I went to get Rudy.When the breeder handed him to me I felt like I had given birth to him LOL I just loved everthing about him
.He was everything I had hoped for and then some.It's just such a special time.Who are you getting her from?Listen to me going on.Give us all the stats....I'm going to look for the pics.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She is going to have to fly all by herself I'm afraid. I am ashamed to say that I dont care to fly anymore without some kind of mental support (i.e. a big rum and coke), and even then I might book the flight and chicken out... so I think shes better off. I am going to pick her up at not my usual airport to make a direct flight for her possible. I was really nervous about that, but my breeder is comfortable with it, so I trust her judgement. She is in Texas. Any closer and I'd not be typing but in the car driving, but that is just too far.

I am reading what I can about potty training and all of that on the web. I would like a good basic book recommendation about the correct way to train her and basic obedience if anyone can offer one. I do plan to take her to some kind of class and the breeder does recommend the crate which I had every intention of doing with Holli but did not. I think its a good idea especially if we plan to travel with her. Also I am trying to put together a checklist of things I need. I have most everything I think, but of course I'm starting to think I need all *new* stuff so I am going shopping tomorrow.

SO much to do so little time!

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice and support and all of the compliments
I will definately keep everyone updated!

janet

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok folks. I have been in a tornado since Friday. We are so excited that we are getting a puppy! You all know the feeling

I have two books on puppies that my bf and I are reading and then swaping stories. I will probably read both but I'm lucky I got him to skim the one I forced on him
Barnes and Noble was out of the Culture Clash, but I did get Ian Dunbar's latest, I think its latest. I will still keep my eye out for the other so I can book-club it with you folks.

I got a new little carrier that is ok, but I didnt have time to order one and this local place had them so I got one. Its called petote which I have looked at before online but never saw in person until now. It seems ok but very plain and kinda bulky, but no room for my stuff anywhere. I'll let you know what I think. I just had to have something to start getting her used to right away. Holli's carrier was my arm

We got lots of toys and treats and I am washing most of Hollis things, except not all of it because I want her to "know" her big sister. I've cleaned this house from top to bottom with vinegar so she doesnt find any bunnies bigger than she is if you know what I mean
busy busy busy

Timing could not have been worse for me, because I need this website, and will not have time to do much site reading before she is here. I am not working this week, but in training, so I cant take vacation either
We are doing a shuffle to get to the airport Tuesday so I am going to have to hitch a ride to town with my brother who leaves at 7am and kill two hours at starbucks! I'm going to be comatose when I finally get this little girl in my arms at 7pm.

Just wanted to pop on and and say I am still moving forward. I dont have confirmation that she will be coming on Tuesday, but that is when we were aiming for, so thats the plan as of now.

Janet and the little STILL NAMELESS!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Janet,

I am so excited for you!! I really want a new puppy myself...but my husband refuses (not enough money, time, problems with our maltese).

You have to keep us updated!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Janet, thanks so much for the update. I think we all feel like we're going through this wonderful experience with you.

Oh, yes.....the wait is just the worst. When I was at the airport waiting on Catcher I could not even sit down... I drove the lady at the area where he was to arrive crazy.... If your airport is like the one Catcher arrived at, she won't come to the baggage area but will be hand carried to a special department. The people at the ticket counter should know where that is. Then that area is where you hang out and bug them!! lol..... Tell them you're expecting a puppy. That way they can keep checking the computer to see if she has arrived at the airport, etc. They say to allow 30 minutes from the time the plane arrives until the puppy gets to you. She will likely be hungry.... be sure to have some of the food she normally eats as well as Nutri-Cal, and of course, water.... and potty pads.

I'll surely be thinking of you tomorrow.... and can't wait to hear all about everything!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts