Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta whine about this lol
It was a friend of mines birthday and we went to some concert thing and we diseded we were gonna push all the way to the front for this one band ...well yeah bad idea people were falling on my head from the air and i was like hanging on to people i didnt know to avoid falling down and getting trampled so yeah that was last night and this mornign when i woke up it hurt so bad to breath (still does) i am hoping its just a bruse but i have broken a lot of bones over the years and i am getting good at telling when something broke and this really feels like a cracked it

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Dec 5 2004, 06:55 PM
I just gotta whine about this lol
It was a friend of mines birthday and we went to some concert thing and we diseded we were gonna push all the way to the front for this one band ...well yeah bad idea people were falling on my head from the air and i was like hanging on to people i didnt know to avoid falling down and getting trampled so yeah that was last night and this mornign when i woke up it hurt so bad to breath (still does) i am hoping its just a bruse but i have broken a lot of bones over the years and i am getting good at telling when something broke and this really feels like a cracked it
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20462
[/QUOTE]

Have you told your parents about this? Since you're going out of town soon, you should get this checked out.....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh i have been telling my mom about this since i got home last night lol i am gonna wait a few days and see if it dosnt feel a little better becuase if i go to a doctor they will tell me i shouldnt go to school (not like they could cast it or anything) and if i miss muhc more school they might not let me pass...my grades are fine but its some law about no matter what your grade if you miss 9 classes you fail so i am gonna try to avoid going to the doctor becuase i will just end up not istening to him anyways
I dont usually go out to these type things its like once a year and i always forget how easy i break lol ...i broke my ankel 8 times in one year a few years back

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Dec 5 2004, 10:33 PM
Can we say "Drink Milk"  ahhha I hope you feel better girl.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20484
[/QUOTE]

Some sypathy you give!!!
Just kidding...it does seem like you break easily Lily----do you take calcium? Hate to see what your bones are like when you're an old lady...maybe you should have that checked out...not just the rib...but the whole bone breakage thing....
Hope you're feeling better soon though!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
You poor thing...I hope you feel better. You should definitely tell your parents and have yourself looked at by a doctor.

Now for my motherly lecture...never, but never do you push yourself into a crowd. I am sure many of you are too young to remember the deadly Who concert where fans were literally trampled to death. Since that incident, many venues and bands refuse to allow open seating. The risk to your life is not worth a better view of the band. You can still hear the music from the "cheap seats" just as good (if not better) than you can from down in front.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
omg.. I have small bones and never broke anything (<knock on wood>).. Do you have calcium problem??
I couldnt imagin breaking something... especially over and over again... :eek: ouchhhhhhhh! :excl: I would go to the doc even if the pain goes away.. to see if your lacking something. I hope nothing is broken!! FEEL BETTER!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Oh, you poor thing. I broke two of my ribs when I was 17. Didn't go to the doctor...big mistake. Go to the doctor. Lots of pain and then ended up getting really sick...fluid in my lungs and throwing up. Let me tell you throwing up with 2 broken ribs is horrible. I would rather go through labor ten times over then go through that again. We have a law here were I live about missing school but if you have a doctors notes that states you cannot go to school the school will send a tutor/teacher to your house. Technically you are still attending school, just in your home. Look into it and go to the doctor.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
OUCH! I hope you feel better soon. I would go to the doctor to have it checked out. I've heard of broken ribs puncturing a hole in a lung.

Found this on MDAdvice.com
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
--------------------
# Severe pain at the fracture site.
# Tenderness to the touch.
# A feeling that the "wind has been knocked out" (sometimes).
# Abdominal pain if the fractured ribs are below the diaphragm (the 11th and 12th ribs).
# Severe chest pain when coughing, sneezing or breathing deeply.
# A feeling of small air pockets under the skin of the chest or neck if the lung has been injured and leaked air.
# Swelling and bruising over the fracture site.

WHAT TO EXPECT
========================================
APPROPRIATE HEALTH CARE

# Doctor's diagnosis.
# Application of a wide elastic wrap or chest binder to decrease movement of the chest muscles and reduce pain with breathing. The binder should be applied around the lower chest beneath the breasts, even if the rib fracture is in the upper chest.
# Hospitalization if symptoms of injury to the lung, spleen or liver appear. Blood or air in the chest may need to be removed if the lung is punctured from the raw edge of a fractured rib. A lacerated liver may need to be surgically repaired. A ruptured spleen frequently requires surgical removal.

DIAGNOSTIC MEASURES
--------------------
# Your own observation of symptoms.
# Medical history and exam by a doctor.
# X-rays of the ribs and vertebral column. Early X-rays may not show fractures if they are not dislocated, but repeat X-rays taken 4 or more days later usually reveal them. The early treatment for an uncomplicated rib fracture is the same as for bruised ribs, so a delay in diagnosis does not hinder treatment.

POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS
--------------------
# Rupture of the lung with bleeding or escape of air into the chest wall or under the skin in the neck.
# Injury to the liver if the right 11th or 12th ribs are fractured and have jagged edges.
# Injury or rupture of the spleen if the 11th and 12th ribs on the left are fractured and have jagged edges.
# Prolonged pain and slow healing.

PROBABLE OUTCOME
If this is a first-time chest injury and there are no complications of internal injury, proper care and sufficient healing time before resuming contact sports should prevent later complications. Healing is usually complete in 4 to 6 weeks.

HOW TO TREAT
========================================
NOTE -- Follow your doctor's instructions. These instructions are supplemental.

CONTINUING CARE
--------------------
# Use the binder or wrap as long as needed for pain and support--usually 4 to 6 weeks.
# Use an ice pack 3 or 4 times a day. Place chips in a plastic bag. Wrap the bag in a moist towel and place over the injured area. Use for 20 minutes at a time.
# After 2 or 3 days, if heat is more soothing than ice, use heat lamps, hot soaks, hot showers or heating pads.[/B]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know i have a calcium deficency but its a lot better than it used to be i guess i need to start taking calcuim again. i just cant stand to drink milk (when i was little growing up we had a broken fridge and i have drank so much rotten milk in my life i cant stand the idea of most dairy) if i thought the bones was broken all teh way threw i would have gone to the er straight from the concert but i think its just a crack....my mom teh ever helpful one she is said she will take me to the doctor if i start coughing up blood, i dont think she belives me i got hurt oh well as far as pushing up front in the crowd at the concert goes yeah i know it was stupid i knew it was stupid while i was doing it but it wasnt even a band i had ever heard of i didnt expect people to get so excited about them.....i did have fun though

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lilly521@Dec 6 2004, 07:39 PM
I know i have a calcium deficency but its a lot better than it used to be i guess i need to start taking calcuim again. i just cant stand to drink milk (when i was little growing up we had a broken fridge and i have drank so much rotten milk in my life i cant stand the idea of most dairy) if i thought the bones was broken all teh way threw i would have gone to the er straight from the concert but i think its just a crack....my mom teh ever helpful one she is said she will take me to the doctor if i start coughing up blood, i dont think she belives me i got hurt oh well as far as pushing up front in the crowd at the concert goes yeah i know it was stupid i knew it was stupid while i was doing it but it wasnt even a band i had ever heard of i didnt expect people to get so excited about them.....i did have fun though 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20632
[/QUOTE]

Lilly.... get some Viactiv....they are like carmel chews and they are delicious... each one has 500 mg. of calcium plus Vitamin D and K, which helps the absorption of calcium. Drug stores and grocery stores carry them. Or try some yogurt and cheese. You can get calcium from sources other than milk. If you have soft bones you may get little fractures in your spine as you age and you will end up with a humped back... you don't want that!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 6 2004, 08:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lilly521
@Dec 6 2004, 07:39 PM

Lilly.... get some Viactiv....they are like carmel chews and they are delicious... each one has 500 mg. of calcium plus Vitamin D and K, which helps the absorption of calcium. Drug stores and grocery stores carry them. Or try some yogurt and cheese. You can get calcium from sources other than milk. If you have soft bones you may get little fractures in your spine as you age and you will end up with a humped back... you don't want that!! :eek:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20635
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah i used to take though i guess i need to start again, my sister has a totally messed up back from old fracutes in it and she keeps telling me i am gonna be like her she is only 28 but he back is awful

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 6 2004, 06:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lilly521
@Dec 6 2004, 07:39 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20635
[/B][/QUOTE]

You can also take calcium pills. I take one everyday, since I don't drink enough milk. I also eat a lot of cheese. I love string cheese.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts