Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always had short haired dogs, so I've never had the opportunity to buy little bows and things. I've also always had greyhounds, so I've never bought pretty little dresses either. Now, every time I walk into, even Wal-Mart, I'm looking at bows, barretts, and little dresses! My husband has just washed his hands of me!:w00t:

I get excited about bath day and blow drying Lizzie's hair. I love putting bows in her hair too. I spent $10 on barretts from Wal-Mart because I thought they would look cute in her hair.

Now I'm shopping around for a Christmas dress and bow. I believe you guys have corrupted me!:w00t::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

:wub:Here are some pics of Lizzie after her bath with her new barrett. :wub: And one of Rhaegar just because he's my big baby! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Yup, you've gone down the SM Slippery Slope.:new_shocked: Addicted to all stuff Maltese. :w00t: It is helpful for husband's health though...they get to exercise (roll) their eyes a lot, they get to walk around all the pet sections and they can do some weightlifting carrying all the stuff we buy. See if your DH will buy these explanations...if not tell him to be quiet and hand over the credit card. :HistericalSmiley: I thought DH was going to lose it on me last night when we finally signed up for Netflix and the one movie I wanted to get was, "Best in Breed." There was an audible groan from the men in my house.:whistle:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
:chili:Oh...Oh....I know what to tell your husband!!!! :chili:

Get Lizzie all dolled up in her cutest dress and bow and hand your husband the leash....tell him she is a "chick magnet"....he might start help picking out outfits for her. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Hey, I guess I've been corrupted, too! :HistericalSmiley:I'm doing the same thing! Every time I go out, I look for new bows and barrettes, like I really need them. Now, I'm starting to get interested in beds. We don't have any beds at our house. They have a large fabric sofa-like bed for only $35(claret and taupe print) at TJMAXX and I'm tempted to get it. I was looking for that really nice princess castle bed but I can't find one here. Nothing ordinary for my girls, it has to be a "diva bed." My hubby groans, too. But hey, I can only talk about football for so long.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,455 Posts
Yup, you've gone down the SM Slippery Slope.:new_shocked: Addicted to all stuff Maltese. :w00t: It is helpful for husband's health though...they get to exercise (roll) their eyes a lot, they get to walk around all the pet sections and they can do some weightlifting carrying all the stuff we buy. See if your DH will buy these explanations...if not tell him to be quiet and hand over the credit card. :HistericalSmiley: I thought DH was going to lose it on me last night when we finally signed up for Netflix and the one movie I wanted to get was, "Best in Breed." There was an audible groan from the men in my house.:whistle:
:good post - perfect

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh.......You've got it too!!! I hate to tell you this but there is no cure for this disease!!! LOL!!! Your baby is darling with that bow and I love your "Big" baby, he is beautiful and looks very sweet. Have fun at Walmart!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
I think having a girl is what causes that. I was fine until I got Hannah, then I went off the deep end too. Bows,bows & more bows,I even took up sewing so I could make her cute little dresses. And then my addiction to harnesses,had to have loads of harnesses to match the dresses & bows. :blush:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I think it has to do with (1) you have a girl and (2) she has a top knot. When Hunter had his I needed to have a bow to match each harness and each sweater or jacket. I have this thing for matching and I didn't like it when things didn't match. Now that we cut off his topknot and his bows are safely put away - I am finding that my only obsession is leashes/collars/harnesses. That's more because I don't like looking at the same thing all the time. He still has sweaters and coats but those are so needed here as it gets cold. In the summer - he is usually NAKED (gasp)!

I think her barrette is adorable and really needs a matching dress!!! So - go paint the town red in Wal-mart and buy that cute little lady something to wear!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts