Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest daughter left for London the day of the bombings. We were devastated by Katrina. Her boyfriend's family live in Lake Charles, LA and had to leave for Rita. Guess where she had a plane ticket for tomorrow? MIAMI. She WAS heading for a Public Relations convention with other college students. We'll reassess in the morning, but it doesn't look good. I'm beginning to think that she attracts bad luck!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Would you please ask her not to come to Jacksonville?
Just kidding.
We had 3 hurricanes last year.

Make sure she doesn't put herself in harms way.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Oct 19 2005, 11:55 PM
Would you please ask her not to come to Jacksonville?

Just kidding.
We had 3 hurricanes last year.

Make sure she doesn't put herself in harms way.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111550
[/QUOTE]

LOL! I hear ya, girl!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Bless her heart!

Tell her to stay safe...there is still time for this one to slow down and go away...but I don't know....

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got off the phone with the airline and they aren't going to penalize us for cancelling. The hotel won't charge a penalty either. That was the problem....even is these college girls got down there for their convention - what on earth would they do if they had to evacuate? They can't even rent a car...its best for her to pass on this trip!

Hope everyone is S. florida will be OK!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I'm glad that she has changed her plans. This has been one very crazy year for weather...I just hope we don't get too much snow this winter

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Oct 20 2005, 12:38 PM
I just got off the phone with the airline and they aren't going to penalize us for cancelling.  The hotel won't charge a penalty either.  That was the problem....even is these college girls got down there for their convention - what on earth would they do if they had to evacuate?  They can't even rent a car...its best for her to pass on this trip!

Hope everyone is S. florida will be OK!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111666
[/QUOTE]

They would stick them in a shelter and they would be very unconfortable unless they can find a hotel outside the Miami Beach area. They are better off being out of here. I'm already preparing and I will start putting my shutters up tomorrow since Wilma is slowing down. We should be ok because it doesn't seem like it's going to hit as a mayor hurricane so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I sure hope and pray that this hurricane slows down and doesn't do any damage if it must hit land. Please take care and stay safe all who are in the area

·
Registered
707 Posts
She could have come because now they are saying if it hits Miami it will be on Monday night or Tuesday morning. It would have been too hectic anyway with evacuations and all.

I feel bad for the people in Mexico...they are getting it pretty nasty and it's traveling so slow that they might get it for 12 hours...I can't even imagine.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Glad she decided to change her trip!! Everyone please stay safe! I will be thinking and praying for everyone in the path of Wilma.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.