Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I are getting really excited to bring our puppy home next week. We've decided we don't want to have human children, so we'd love to live it up with the puppy. Any ideas on a cute website or store we could visit for "birth annoucements". I've looked at our local Party City but nothing really seemed appropriate.

Also would love to have a "shower" or several time frames for people to come and visit with the new little guy. Don't want to have 40 people in one day but if there was a way to invite say 5-10 people a day for a week or something.

I'm just sooooo excited, I know my extended family thinks I'm ready for the loony bin though.

Any other ideas of how to get people in the spirit of how significant this is for our lives?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by JCButterfly@Mar 21 2005, 09:47 PM
Any other ideas of how to get people in the spirit of how significant this is for our lives?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45174
[/QUOTE]

maybe u could make a cute pretty card with a photo of ur new baby and make it into an invitation or something and send it out to the guests and write how precious and special ur baby is

·
Registered
894 Posts
Cute idea, wish I would of thought of that. Think of all the money you'll save if everyone brings a small gift!! You may not have to buy any toys for a while!! Have fun

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the great ideas! I had thought about making my own something but guess I was looking for some cool background paper.

I love the actual puppy annoucements though, so very cute.

Thanks for the great suggestions!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm very happy for you!
Those announcements are adorable. If you've already told us, forgive me - but have you picked a name yet?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Shower, that sounds like a wonderful ideal. Hope you have a good turn out! Let us know what kind of present you get.

Puddles was 1 this last Sunday. I thought someone in my family would have given him a birthday party, since I have given so many. They all knew he was going to be one and we only have one child, Puddles. Oh well, to late now.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I like everyone's ideas. Have you come up with a theme? If would be easier if we knew a name but my nephew's name is Judah and it means Lion so his first birthday party was a circus theme and he wore a lion costume. It was sooo cute!

Since no one can bring their dogs you can have cute doggie bags so they can bring stuff home to their dogs. Like a small toy or dog biscuit. I guess that’s better for a birthday party but it could work for a shower too.

You can get paper plates and cups with dogs on them (hopefully you can find Malts) and napkins. Or whatever theme you pick. Forgive me but I forget if your pup is male or female, but if you pick a prince or princess theme you can get cups with those themes and crowns instead of party hats (if you do party hats). Wow I am going overboard here lol.
Don’t forget to take lots of pictures for us!

Puddles Mom, Fantasia is 3 and no one has ever thrown her a party. I don't think that others even think about throwing them any kind of party. They don't understand. I don't expect anyone to understand my relationship with Fantasia so I don't get upset when they don't treat her like I do. I almost threw her a first and third birthday party but never did because I didn't have enough people to invite. I will as soon as we have the room (a house) though. I will go all out with a wonderful themed party too. Maybe a Princess party or an Angel party because she's my princess and my little angel.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just love coming to this forum and not feeling like a complete nutcase. Like the fact that I asked for next week off to go fly out and pick up the little guy.

No one understands why I would fly somewhere, can't I just find one in the paper? then when I started mentioning the shower idea -- maybe I met it more as a "visitation". I don't really care if people bring gifts. I just want a way to share with people, "Hey I have a new baby and this is a really significant event in my life."

I do know that he is a boy. I am picking him up from Tonia Holibaugh in Texas. I am very comfortable with her after several conversations and emails and this is one of her Thriller's sons. There was a litter of two boys and a girl. I think that I will have my choice between the two boys but I'm not sure. I have seen pictures of some of Thriller's other children but haven't seen MY puppy specifically but I know I'll love him.

Names, hubby and I are having a hard time. There is a short list of names we like and agree on so once I meet the puppy I have the freedom to choose any of those names that seems most appropriate -- or maybe I'll think of something totally new. So very excited!!

We just moved into a very small duplex so I'm a little worried with having enough space for guests and overwhelming the little guy with so many faces all at once. Maybe I will send out annoucements but ask people to call and arrange a time to come visit -- I dont' know can't figure out what to do. Part of me wants him all to myself

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Mar 23 2005, 12:46 PM
What a fun topic and right up my alley...

I sent out Puppy Announcements when we got Toby.  Here is a picture of what they looked like (it didn't scan in as nice as it looks in person 
)...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45682
[/QUOTE]

That's the one I was talking about. I knew I had seen one on here before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts