Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my god i am so digusted right now , Chico went into the cats litter box and ate cat crap :eek: then came to my bed and barked at me and his breathe smelled like crap i wanted to gag! How gross is that why in the world would he do that ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am so grossed out! ~ Denise

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker did that a couple of times and i had to brush his teeth so i wouldnt puke...dogs love cat poop.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 28 2004, 05:29 PM
parker did that a couple of times  and i had to brush his teeth so i wouldnt puke...dogs love cat poop.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19025
[/QUOTE]
OH my god is so nasty i truly wanted to vomit why in the world would he want to eat cat poop why??????????? I buy him high end food why do dogs like to it cat or thier own poop! :new_Eyecrazy: yes i am cpmpletly grossed out

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker hasnt done it since he was a puppy so hopefully your pup will stop too...i just had to fuss at him anytime he went near the box. it is very gross. they eat it for the same reason why they prefer the cats food to theirs. just tastes better. unfortunately it is really bad for dogs to eat cat food, and prob. not that great for them to eat the cats poop. it can lead to pancreatits, and the dog can become severely ill.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have two cats and two cat boxes. If I don't keep both boxes clean at all times Lacey will do the same. Been yelling at her and she knows better, but still. I had a cocker spaniel that did the same thing. The vet told me cat poop is full of nitrates (sp) and dogs will eat it. Took some time but I did get the cocker spaniel to stop. It is gross.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I COULD NOT keep Brinkley out of the cat box either!!! I seriously grossed me out too!!! I finally put a gate up in front of the room where the boxes are. We don't use that bathroom much, so if we do, we just have to climb the gate...the cats jump over it fine...sometimes we find Brinkley sitting in front of the gate looking in as if he is pouting that he can't get to it

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hehee, I don't care what butt the poop came out of. Eating any poop is nasty! Yuck Yuck Yuck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Nov 29 2004, 12:26 AM
We had the same problem here, Digby's breath was horrible, then I realized what she was doing, one of our cats likes to go under the deck, she was digging it up and eating it eeewwwwweeeee gross, then along comes Casper and of course he wants to copy everything she does ugh ugh ugh - so we had to do a quick makeshift barrier out of chicken wire to keep them out.

Funny thing is the cat poop in the litter box they do not bother with - thank goodness.

No more poopie breath 

If either of them do discover the cat poop in the litter box, I am going to try and dap a small dash of tabasco on the poop that would deter them I am sure.  Or spray it with bitter apple.

Speaking of bitter apple, I had Casper in the pet store with me and was sniffing different sprays to see which was the most horrid, one I put on my hand and he started to lick it off LOL that one failed the test.  So I sprayed some bitter apple on my hand, he was not impressed!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19102
[/QUOTE]
ALLO
I was reading about your little spray test , can you tell me what these spray are about. It sounds quite interesting would sure like to know more.
Silver'3S's

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Nov 28 2004, 05:56 PM
  oh my god i am so digusted right now , Chico went into the cats litter box and ate cat crap :eek:  then came to my bed and barked at me and his breathe smelled like crap i wanted to gag! How gross is that why in the world would he do that ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am so grossed out! ~ Denise
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19022
[/QUOTE]

Allo Denise&Chico
I am sure that if given the occasion my little Sheila would snack on Sabre cat's pooh
... The litter box I use is covered and the opening is turn around to faces the corner wall. There is enough room for Sabre to enter the box and Sheila cannot get to it
... It is the perfect solution to small space and doggie proof litterbox
. At least it works 100% for me. Now I wish I could stop her from sticking her nose up poor Sabre's butt sniffing him :new_Eyecrazy: ... He gets sooo annoid feels soo embarrassed:blush: ... He turns around and slap her across the face
... Thank goodness they love each other
... Hope you find this helpfull...
Good luck
Silver

1 - 15 of 15 Posts