Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well so i was going to give dolce a bath yesterday .. so i decided to brush him first and i was on the couch with himon my lap , taking matts out n brushing .. well i decided to try to cut his bangs as i always do because u couldnt see his eyes.. well trimmed a little here n there ,,, a little off the beard... and then i cut his ear hair because his ears where loooong , so now he hhas like a puppy face ,,, i also trimmed his body hair .. i would say i cut like 2 inches off .. he looks cute , its not perfect ,, and i didnt have good scissors ,,, but he looks cute , u can see his legs which are growing out after the chicken leg ordeal ... i think he looks cute , of course it doesnt look perfect but he looks younger and smaller.. i think i cut his moustache a little too much .. and his bangs still look long in my opinion but i dont know how to fix it , i think thats where the clippers are needed.. i am going to take him to the groomers soon , but i think i did an ok job... unfortunately i have no pics today as my cam was dead but i will take a pick tonite..

so his hair looks shorter but not too short.. i think he feels good , he seemed happy , and he was good .. even though he doesnt like when i groom his face ...

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Dolce would be cute without any hair at all!! It sounds like you already groomed him though? Can't wait to see the photos!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks .. i think i need groomer to even it out ..lol

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
It's like cutting your own hair,you never seem to get it even and then it ends up too short and still uneven. I give groomers their "props",they're gifted!
Mine would look like they had a sesson w/ Sweeny Todd ,if I gave them a haircut!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Congrats on your first grooming appointment! ;)

He prob looks adorable! I can't wait to see a pic!
And it will prob look more "even" in a few days.
I'm sure you did a great job for your first try.
I find that for some reason,
it always looks smoother a few days or a week after a cut.
Like the hairs have grown a bit and anywhere that was cut too bluntly looks more blended in.

My favourite scissors are little duck billed ones, I just love them!
I am an amateur goomer, lol, my only clients are Paris & Coco.
So far, they haven't fired me.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i think he looks cute.
Congrats on your first grooming appointment! ;)

He prob looks adorable! I can't wait to see a pic!
And it will prob look more "even" in a few days.
I'm sure you did a great job for your first try.
I find that for some reason,
it always looks smoother a few days or a week after a cut.
Like the hairs have grown a bit and anywhere that was cut too bluntly looks more blended in.

My favourite scissors are little duck billed ones, I just love them!
I am an amateur goomer, lol, my only clients are Paris & Coco.
So far, they haven't fired me.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
You're so brave!! :thumbsup: It sounds like you knew what you were going for and just went right ahead. I hate to even trim my own bangs. I think I've done a decent job and when I get to my hairdresser she says, "What happened to your bangs." :brownbag: Busted! I've brought Tyler home from the groomer and seen some unevenness too. She always tells me to come back if I see anything. Within a day or two I don't even see it so i wouldn't worry too much about what you see that bothers you. I can't wait to see sweet Dolce in that new do.:chili:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts