Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was suggested to post here few pics of my dogs how they have changed a lot since I joined here. I was absolute beginner in showing 1 1/2 year ago and I learned a lot I think. Enjoy our pics.

This photo is from the very first show I attended with my dogs. I had no idea about showing, grooming or maintaining the coat.

I tried to learn the double topknot.

I was shown few tricks when getting Guči to the groomer (who shows malteses).

We started to improve.

My first good looking double topknot, but the coat had to grow more... It was about four months of using the right cosmetics for him.

My Guči was looking better and better as my grooming was better and better. B)

Finally we reached the long coat. :chili:

And recently I have learned the true american double topknot.

And my Guči looks great now.

My Herbee is our pet, I have not so many photos of him, although we love him very much too.
Here are two photos of him - in his full coat (just groomed once or twice a week and bathed once a week) and in hair cut. In June this year I had him cut as my parents and boyfriend wanted and I had to admit I didn´t have so much time to maintain his coat as I should.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
My goodness! Guci is GORGEOUS!!!! What a difference from the first picture to the last!!! How are you two doing in the shows? Is she a champion yet?

And I love Herbee's haircut. He looks so precious.

I am so proud of you - you have come a long way!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both.
My Guči is a boy, anyway. :eek:) He has gained few champions as we lost some (for juniors) when I had no idea about grooming and showing. Now he is Champion of Czech Republic and Poland, Junior Champion of Poland, Czech Club Champion and we are trying to finish Champion of Slovakia the next year.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Wow! thanks for posting. Your babies are gorgeous. You have done a fantastic job with Guci's coat. Amazing.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ahoj!

My dad's Slovak, but sadly that's just about all I know of the language--just the basics: dakujem, dovidenia, dobre, and ahoj!

They look great! I especially love Herbee's puppy cut--that's a really cute one. :wub:

Good luck in Slovakia!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful!! His coat is amazing!
Good luck on your showing.
Ahoj!

My dad's Slovak, but sadly that's just about all I know of the language--just the basics: dakujem, dovidenia, dobre, and ahoj!

They look great! I especially love Herbee's puppy cut--that's a really cute one. :wub:

Good luck in Slovakia!
You know the basics. B)
Actually I´m not from Slovakia, I´m from the Czech Republic. Although they used to be together as Czechoslovakia till 1993.
Anyway, I´m going to show in Slovakia this month - two shows there. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
What a journey. fantastic job you've done with Guči! And Herbee looks adorable in that perfect short clip. Congratulations on your success.

How long did it take your Guči to reach that long floor length coat?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I had the problems in the beginning so I can´t say. I started to grow it with a good cosmetics when he was 15 - 16 months. (Before I found out I was damaging the hair ends.) But it didn´t take long. He´s got a fast growing coat. I think he would have such a long coat around one year.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Monica you have done an amazing job with Guci's coat! That boy is just gorgeous!:wub: What are you doing differently this time around with his grooming and what products are you using to get his coat like that? I'm growing Riley's coat back out and i would love some suggestions or pointers as to what to do.

Herbee is just a alittle doll and i love his short cut!:wub:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Amazingly handsome boys.:wub: Wow you two make a great team. You did a great job and he looks like he was a born show ring star:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts