Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I had another member ask me about this,since we couldn't get AMA any money this time. Could we do a donation for them anyway?
Give them their own dark horse prize since they do so much hard work!

If we could all just send them,even $5 or $10 ,it would help a lot. Especially if we could do it in large numbers. If we could get 100 members to send $10,that's the $1000 they could have gotten.

California is getting hit w/ rains and flooding,I would imagine more fluffs could be left homeless.

Edie can let us know where we can donate...and how.

A new donation thread was started. You can find it here:
http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/55-rescues/110628-donation-thread-christmas-2010-ama-rescue-continuation-ama-idea-thread.htmlhttp://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/55-rescues/110628-donation-thread-christmas-2010-ama-rescue-continuation-ama-idea-thread.html

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Boy, You guys are making me cry here. LOL What a wonderful group and fine idea. We do have the paypal link on the AMA website now or you could send it directly to me, so I can keep track of the funds from this group and then send it all in a lump sum, other then the paypal monies, to the Treasurer of AMA. I also get notification of the paypal donations to, so will have it all to keep track of.
I have checked with my homes in L.A. and all are doing fine. I do worry about some of the outlying shelters like Lancaster and the poor animals in the outside pens in all shelters. So many maltese coming into the shelters now with the holidays. We are watching the lists to see who we can help once they are on the adopt list.
Thanks for thinking of AMA, we have worked hard this year with over 40 dogs rescued and placed just in California and most in the So. Cal area. .
If you want to mail a donation direct to me.
Address is:
Edie Gobbi
AMA West Coast Rescue
30901 Pudding Creek Rd.
Fort Bragg, California 95437

Bless you all for your kind heart and help.

See attached a pic of two of my own adopted rescues and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, let's do it. Does Pay Pal take a fee from donations,if so,we're putting cheques in the post then so not one penny will be lost.

Can we agree to just send them to Edie,that way they go to all one place and we'll know they get there.

OMG,those a faces are the reason we do this!
Let's make it a truly Merry Christmas for fluffs!

Thank Allheart for the suggestion!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Ok, let's do it. Does Pay Pal take a fee from donations,if so,we're putting cheques in the post then so not one penny will be lost.

Can we agree to just send them to Edie,that way they go to all one place and we'll know they get there.

OMG,those a faces are the reason we do this!
Let's make it a truly Merry Christmas for fluffs!

Thank Allheart for the suggestion!

I never even thought of Paypal possibly taking out a fee for the donation and just Paypaled my donation.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm not sure if they do,I just assumed since I've gotten Pay Pal payments before and they take 3%. I PMed Edie to ask.

What email addy did you use to donate,I couldn't find one on their site.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
My donation is in via Paypal. Edie, could there be a place on the donation page where we could donate money in memory of or in honor of?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
It sounds like a great idea to me. Just be sure and get Yung's permission first.
Here is the info from the rules:

Soliciting Charitable Donations:

Any time money is requested from SM’s membership for a charitable donation, approval must be obtained from the forum administrator. Any money collected for a charity must go directly in to the charity’s PayPal account and not to the individual spearheading the solicitation of donations.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm not asking donations to go to me,I would ask it goes to Edie ,or it can go to the AMA's Pay Pal account. We do want to make sure we comply w/ the rules of SM so we can continue to help fluffs.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
It sounds like a great idea to me. Just be sure and get Yung's permission first.
Here is the info from the rules:

Soliciting Charitable Donations:

Any time money is requested from SM’s membership for a charitable donation, approval must be obtained from the forum administrator. Any money collected for a charity must go directly in to the charity’s PayPal account and not to the individual spearheading the solicitation of donations.

Thank you Sher for the gentle reminder. I think that we all just got so excited about possibly helping the rescue that we forgot about the rules.
I just pm'd Yung for permission, so i will let you know when i receive his response.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Paypal does take a small amount out, but it isnt much.
You should be able to go on the AMA web site and look on the left hand side and it should shwo a paypla link. Guess I better go look to be sure that its on the front.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Just went and looked and the link is on the left side and says "Make a Donation to Rescue"
Michelle, you are a sweetheart. Thank you so much for PMing Yung.

Sorry Sher :blush:, my fault, completely forgot about the rules. Sorry and thanks for the reminder.

Edie: Bless you, just made a donation, but I couldn't find a place to annotate Spoiled Maltese, but it did go through. Bless you again.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts