Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is just a random idea but...

i know a lot of us have toys, food, clothes, harnesses, leashes, crates, etc that we don't need or use anymore. so what are we supposed to do with them? throw them away? what a waste.

so why not have a "trading" section of SM. like, a member posts an item they have, lets say a leash. another member offers them two unused toys, and they accept. the two members then PM eachother addresses, etc.

i'm sure it would have to be 'ironed out', but it seems to make a lot more sense than wasting stuff just sitting in the closet.

would anyone be interested?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I would loooove this idea!!!! You have probably noticed me trying to sell off my stuff
I just hate to know it's going to waste sitting in the closet.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
some of you have emailed or PM'd me about this, I am still thinking on it, i think its a good idea but on one of my other forums we had to create a "member" section for buy/sell/trade everyday stuff and then we had to create a "vendor" section where we charge 50.00 a year for people that have real stores or online stores to sell their wares, so I would have to consider that to keep "vendors" from over taking the buy/sell/trade section and create rules for each forum

thoughts?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I think thats a wonderful idea! Lets do it Joe
We all have so much stuff just sitting around.Because as we all know we're a bunch of shopoholics here

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hm. i hadn't thought of that joe..

can't we just forbid the vendors from selling here?
amateurs only..

honestly though, i can't see the people on here that have websites/stores trying to monopolize the section

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It is so funny you mention this....a few days ago I asked Joe about this very topic. I belong to a make-up board and we do this very same thing...it's called the "Swap/Sell" board. Basically you sell and/or swap things you have. The only rule is that you cannot use the board as a replacement for e-bay...ie, no major profiteering or listing hundreds of items. It is self policing in that we post feed back on sellers/swapers. All in all it works pretty well. It is a private access board, so you have to "request" participation. That's a really large forum, so we might not have that same problem here.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great minds think alike huh salty?

that's exactly what i was thinking. i used to do that with an accessories board - purses, belts, etc.

i say we do it joe!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Heavens knows I have enough "stuff" I just "couldn't do without" laying around that DH would LOVE me to get rid of......things Sisse looks at me and says "Mom, just WHY did you buy that, I'll NEVER use it
!! I would hope that anyone on our board that had an online business would not flood the thread with their "for profit" business. I have one that no one knows WHAT it is we sell.....this is not the place for it....

I would really like to see this come to be Joe...anything I can do to help, just let me know!!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I think it would be great!
I bought stuff before I got Abbey and now realize she is probably going to be smaller than I thought and not going to wear them! Figured I'd ebay them but this would be better!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I know several of the beauty/cosmetics forums I go to (or have been to) have a swap section. I'm sure something planned in the same vein would work. I'm all for it. I have sooooo much stuff!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I have a load of stuff too!! I bought things before Ruby came that was a total waste...and I've bought stuff since that after I tried it I didn't like it: big example: her gold Juicy carrier--I don't like it at all...don't know what to do with it...this idea would be PERFECT!!! I hope it all works out!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Then there are people like me just starting out. My little furball isn't due to be born until the end of May.

There are so many things to buy and at the price of the puppy I need to spread things out some. Hubby has already bought a crate and x-pen but we want a second for the other part of the house.

I want a purse type carrier but the prices are sky high!!!! What's a person to do. I live in a small town so there is no competition here and Ebay prices are driven up by bidders.

Not sure about a swap just because I have nothing to swap

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by ConnieVa@May 26 2005, 07:48 PM
Then there are people like me just starting out.  My little furball isn't due to be born until the end of May.

There are so many things to buy and at the price of the puppy I need to spread things out some.  Hubby has already bought a crate and x-pen but we want a second for the other part of the house.

I want a purse type carrier but the prices are sky high!!!!  What's a person to do.  I live in a small town so there is no competition here and Ebay prices are driven up by bidders.

Not sure about a swap just because I have nothing to swap
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=65893
[/QUOTE]

I bought this carrier from www.cizl.com it's called Little Canvas Carrier in baby blue but I never use it since I have my LV carrier. I want to sell it cause it's been sitting here forever. If anyone interested let me know. It's size small.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
ok, go at it, its now up under "everything else" forum

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
also if anyone knows of any rules I need to add or adjust let me know

1 - 20 of 27 Posts