Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would let people know of 3 discoveries I now have my two on---for heart health & to strengthen the trachea. Kitzel has both issues so Lisi gets the benefit of treatment too! :) We have been on the eggshell membrane for a bit but finally got Dr. M's Ubiquinol (it is often sold out) which both are now taking. I just squirt the Ubiquinol on the AM meal & the eggshell membrane on the evening meal---I take that out of the capsule & sort of half it w/them ---sprinkling on top of food. They gobble it down. I also have them both on a supplemet for anal glands called Glandex ---these are peanut butter flavor & they love them. It is also the BEST pill hider I have ever had---soft & pliable. I take one & cut it in thirds or fourths & put the pill or pill dust in this & make a little "treat ball!"

IMG_1848.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would also add two tid-bit advices:
1. ask your groomer to put the noose around the belly & not the throat
2. ask your vet/vet dentist to make certain the intubation tube is the smallest possible for a maltese

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I’m glad you found something that works for your babies. I agree about the dentist. I believe Suki‘s reflux is from my vet who did her very first dental, not using a smaller tube, and in return she started having issues soon after.
What is the Ubiquinol used for?

·
Premium Member
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took this info from my FB group:
Ubiquinol is fantastic for dogs with heart disease and even just a murmur.. Just a mild murmur is the time to start the Ubiquinol. This has been shown to really show promise from using this as soon as you see the first signs.
(SEE BOTH VIDEOS)
HOW MUCH SHOULD I USE?????
UBIQUINOL DOSAGE BY DR. KAREN BECKER.
50mg SM DOGS 1 TIME PER DAY
100mg MED 1 TIME PER DAY
100mg 2 X'S PER DAY

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I took this info from my FB group:
Ubiquinol is fantastic for dogs with heart disease and even just a murmur.. Just a mild murmur is the time to start the Ubiquinol. This has been shown to really show promise from using this as soon as you see the first signs.
(SEE BOTH VIDEOS)
HOW MUCH SHOULD I USE?????
UBIQUINOL DOSAGE BY DR. KAREN BECKER.
50mg SM DOGS 1 TIME PER DAY
100mg MED 1 TIME PER DAY
100mg 2 X'S PER DAY
Good info. I’ll have to ask a good friend who is medical pattern attorney what she thinks, since I don’t trust the pharmaceutical/supplements companies, nor do I trust Mercola‘s website on what they push. If it really works, I’ll order the supplement. I wonder if Animal essential has something like this?

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
Glad you have found something that works. Some dog foods also include ground eggshells in them.

·
Premium Member
17,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Walter, I used to make home-made (when we lived abroad) and always included ground up egg shells in my food. That was for Kirby, our little liver shunt boy! It helped him to live to be around 17---a miracle dog & tiny & feisty like Lisi!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts