Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an ad that someone is selling there 3lbs 8 month old female maltese he claims his family is allergic to her anyway he sent me pictures and she is adorable if anyone is looking to get another one i will forward his email on to you , i am debating but i have looked already at one that i have been back twice in the last 2 weeks she graviatated to me immediately i just have to wait for my mother to get home from vacation as i wold have to leave her with my parents during the day for a few weeks until i could get Maxi comfortable

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That is so tempting! I'd love to get Pico a playmate and since he is 4.5 lbs, this one sounds like the right size. I am amazed there has not been a single response to your post on this. I am just not in a financial position right now to take on another furbaby. Pico's MVD and grooming are straining the pet budget presently.

I do wonder about the allergy reason. I believe it IS possible but question why anyone with allergies would get a dog at all? Could there be another reason not revealed?

I'm a skeptic by nature.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I learned that just because a dog does not shed or have fur (malts, poodles, etc...) a person can still have an allergic reaction to the proteins in the saliva. So you can react with the puppy/play bite or even if they lick somewhere on them and you handle them then that way too. Unfortunately I found out from my friends poodle that I do have a reaction but thats not going to stop me getting my baby!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI everyone first i want to say that i dont know much about the female maltese i just answered the guys ad, this is what he told me he said that his kids are allergic and that he has had her for a month he said her personality is very calm and that she is an adorable furbaby he didnt say furbaby but thats what i call them anyway she is 3lbs at 8 months so i dont think she will grow any more than that he is located in nyc and he said he is negosiable i asked him how many owners she has had because form the picture she looked very cute and i found it strange that he only had her for a month he said she is from a breeder and had one other owner so he says which made me feel bad that she has been passed from place to place he paid 1300 he said he will come down in price he says he has the papers for her thats all i know i will post his email address whomever is interested can take it from here, i am looking also for a sister for maxi but so far he just doesnt seem intrested i spoil my furbaby and i dont want to upset him bringing a new baby in the house he loves other furbabies but it seems whenever i bring him around this particular one that i have been thinking of gettting maxi gets upset so it will be a slow process for me this is the guys email [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts