Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
We put Caesar in a crate. My husband is a teacher and a coach, so he is usually gone from 7am-about 8pm. I am a student and my longest day (clinical day at the hospital) is 12 hours, luckily that is on a Monday though, so my husband can come home for a while before his games (they play on Mondays) and then I will be home by 7. The longest he is in there is 8 hours...one day a week, and 3 hours is the shortest time he is in there. We put down his favorite blue blanket and on the floor of it and in the very back I put a pee pad. He can't hold his pee the full 8 hours but he can his poop; he will go like crazy after we get him out. He also gets food, toys, and a special treat that he only gets when he is in there. He has a water bowl that connects to the crate (that way he can't dump it over
). We put the crate up on the bed and leave the television on for him so he has some noise. He used to cry at first when we started leaving him, but now he is used to it, I think its kind of a comfort/quiet time for him. He will go lay in it off and on even when we are home (we leave it on the floor with the door open).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.