Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not at home for about 6 hours every weekday and my original plan was to crate train my puppy which i am still going to do for at night but when he is home during the day do you think it would be better to have him in his kennle with chewy toys or put the kennle in the bathroom and leave it open so he can play around with some interactive toys in there? thanks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so it seems like it is kinda 50/50 on this issue lol, the reason i want to crate train him is because it speeds up housebreaking so much and while i dont mind cleaning up a few puppy messes its something i would like to get done with as soon as possible,but on the other hand i am gone for a rather long time, and i am kinda worryed that if he just sleeps in his crate 6 hours a day 5 days a week (actully its like 2 hours less on some days and like an hour more on others but same thing) it might make him either unhealthy or super hyper at night, neither of which would be good for him or me. Right now i am thinking i am going to keep him in his crate for the first week or so until he seems to be getting along with housebreaking because i dont know how good he is at it yet but hopefully i should be able to give him some more room, i was thinking about one of the xpen things or whatever they are called but the bathroom seems easier oh well let me know if this sounds like it wont work lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i just got him home the other day so i have only had him in his kennle for sleeping at night and a nap but he seems to really like it, as soon as i put him in he curls up and goes to sleep i have never had a dog who wa slike this before i hope he stays with this attitude lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.