Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be fun to see how our furbabies acclimate themselves to our beds.

Catcher used to sleep in his crate and he will stay in there until about 2:00 am and then he wants in my bed with Kallie and me. The moment I put him in my bed, he climbs up on the pillows behind my head, snuggles in there and sleeps pretty much on top of my head the rest of the night.

What is the sleeping arrangement for you and your furbabies?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sunny didnt used to like sleeping in my bed very much but after the neuter (and me home for 2 weeks with him while we were both sick) he just wont leave me side lol. His favorate place is one of the cubbies in my head board but he just refuses to accept that he has grown to big to sleep in there without his legs being on top of my head lol, in the morning he has moved himself to next to my pillow on the bed though.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Bailey & Kirbie both like to sleep on pillows at the top of our heads.Most nites they trade pillows at some time in the nite.I guess they want to give each of us a fair share!!Hahha If Bailey gets cold he does want under the covers,then he curls up by my tummy.I guess I have more "padding" there than hubby!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sheila2182@Feb 28 2005, 08:46 PM
Bailey & Kirbie both like to sleep on pillows at the top of our heads.Most nites they trade pillows at some time in the nite.I guess they want to give each of us a fair share!!Hahha If Bailey gets cold he does want under the covers,then he curls up by my tummy.I guess I have more "padding" there than hubby!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38718
[/QUOTE]
I wonder what it is about sleeping above our heads that is so appealing? I never would have thought that would be where they would choose.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bella sleeps on top of the covers next to my legs. She used to sleep on the other side of the bed -- much like she was another person in the bed -- but when it got colder here she started snuggling with me. I am so glad she doesn't sleep by my head b/c I move my arms when I sleep and I'm scared I would wack her and scare us both!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tyler like to sleep at me feet with his stuffed toy :lol: . Well actually at the end of my bed, because once I took a nap the other way around and when I woke up I was accidentally using him a pillow! He was in a deep sleep.

·
Registered
939 Posts
chico starts to sleep in the crook of my knee and in the middle of the night creeps up 2 my pillow ,budy sleeps with my son and he sleeps on his pillow next to his head ~ Denise

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Feb 28 2005, 08:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sheila2182
@Feb 28 2005, 08:46 PM
I wonder what it is about sleeping above our heads that is so appealing? I never would have thought that would be where they would choose.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38720
[/B][/QUOTE]
I dont know,maybe they feel like thats a good LOOKOUT spot!!Hahha

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ours sleep at the bottom of the bed, usually on my side. Sometimes Sylphide sneaks up and hogs all of my side of the bed, but more often than not she stays at the bottom. She doesn't like being disturbed when she's sleeping, and that way she gets a whole section to herself.

·
Registered
416 Posts
the Boom Boom likes to sleep right between me an my hubby.. on his back, all fours in the air. When that isn't acceptable he curls up behind my knees... He's 20 pounds and he takes up a lot of space!

He has also slept on my tummy with his head tucked under my chin and yesterday I woke up an he was curled up in a ball against my hubby's tummy....

So long as he's on the bed he's happy.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Brinkley usually starts out next to my legs on my side...then he moves next to our bed to his bed...it is like a loft bed that puts him up as high as our bed, so it is like he right there with us...even though he has his own space. He has never wanted to sleep up by our heads...(is there something wrong with him?
)

Between him and the cats, when I try to roll over sometimes in the wee hours of the morning...it is quite difficult without disturbing some furry bedwarmer.
Usually all three cats are at the end...one closer to my legs...and Brink is either by me or on his bed...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Lacey sleeps on the right side of my body and my cat Spoozie has to sleep on my left side. If Lacey wanders onto his side he chases her away. That has always been his side and he isn't sharing.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by sheila2182+Feb 28 2005, 09:01 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 28 2005, 08:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sheila2182
@Feb 28 2005, 08:46 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38720

[/QUOTE]
I dont know,maybe they feel like thats a good LOOKOUT spot!!Hahha
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38727
[/B][/QUOTE]

That's truly a good point... maybe they feel more in control that way.... and also if I were to get up, they'd be sure to know about it... hmmm, that might be it... so I won't just get out of bed and run off and leave them!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by sheila2182@Feb 28 2005, 09:21 PM
Yea,God forbide we would be able to go pee without them!!!Hahhahahh

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38740
[/QUOTE]
I'm sitting here laughing at your post and both Kallie and Catcher started barking... they bark when people laugh... go figure... Anyway, what you said is soooooo true!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Ha!! Peanut sleeps on my head too! When he was younger he would sleep across my neck with his front legs on one side of my neck and his back legs on the other side. He was one fuzzy neck brace! It was cute, but kinda uncomfortable for me.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Its funny you started this thread... haha.. i just took this pic about 1 week ago!
As you can see... kodie sleeps on my pillow and under the blanket like a person.. at the same time.. he will put his body right against my head and back.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Kodie@Feb 28 2005, 10:09 PM
Its funny you started this thread... haha.. i just took this pic about 1 week ago!
As you can see... kodie sleeps on my pillow and under the blanket like a person.. at the same time.. he will put his body right against my head and back.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38769
[/QUOTE]

Oh, that picture is just totally precious!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts