Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Joe, the owner of spoiledmaltese.com, me and my wife Kim have 2 Maltese, Sampson being the oldest(3) and Maggie who isnt a year old yet. We are from Salem, VA and have a 10 year old son.

Ok I got it started, lets here who you are, where your from and a little about your Maltese :mrgreen:

A

·
0 Posts
Hi Joe,
My name is Misty. I'm married with 2 daughters and 2 step sons. We live In Southern California.
I am also a new mommy to a 1 year old male Maltese named Monty. Monty actually found us. In August I went out front to take the trash out and was out in my front yard and he ran up to my daughter. He was a terrible mess, not taken care of at all! I brought him inside and tried to clean him up but had to take him to the groomers first thing the next morning. His fur was so matted, I knew it had to be hurting him! Then I took him to the shelter and left a found dog report, with my phone number. We also put up notices around the neighborhood and nobody called to claim him. So, now he's ours
He's such a wonderful little guy. So loving, playful and gets along real good with my kids. We are all so very happy that he found us!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a great story, its good to hear those, I bet he is even happier that he found a loving family :D

A

·
0 Posts
hi my name is sandy i have 9 month old toby.i live in ohio and am having a bad time with mats latley he hates to be brushed and will not sit still! i am married and have 5 kids four of which are at home with me.

A

·
0 Posts
We have 2 Maltese girls...Shona turns 10 this month & Sami is 6 mo old today. We live in Pt Pleasant, NJ. The age difference in the girls is something we are ALL still adjusting to. I don't think we will ever have another breed ever again....Shona has been the sweetest ever...Sami is not a carbon copy by any stretch of the imagination! She makes us laugh though. Teri

A

·
0 Posts
Hello! My Name is Maggie, and my 2 year old daughter and I just got my little Hercules a few weeks ago. He is 15 weeks old and weighs about 3.2lbs. His name is Hercules because he thinks he is bigger and stronger than he is, and deffinatly has no fear! I am a new fan of the Maltese breed. Hercules is the first pure breed dog I have ever owned. I also have a thingyer Spaniel I have had for 13 years after adopting her from a local shelter. And a 9 month old cat. (which is Hercules favorite play pal!) I hope to send pictures soon!

Maggie, Hercules & Family

A

·
0 Posts
Just want to say "HI"

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new here and plan on visiting again. I have 5 children at home and we are proud owners of Maltese.

I have 3 Maltese and rescued another on 3-08-03, he passed away less than a month after he came to live with us. We miss him terribly.

You can read about his and my other Maltese at our new website. http://www.lamoillewebdesigns.com/MiracleMaltese.html
Please sign our guestbook while you are there and say hi. :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. your pups sound really interesting.....I am NY and was wondering if you could help me find a maltese pup as I want to gift it to a friend- My name is Afsana and am 27 year old girl...

quote="Teri"]We have 2 Maltese girls...Shona turns 10 this month & Sami is 6 mo old today. We live in Pt Pleasant, NJ. The age difference in the girls is something we are ALL still adjusting to. I don't think we will ever have another breed ever again....Shona has been the sweetest ever...Sami is not a carbon copy by any stretch of the imagination! She makes us laugh though. Teri[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Intro.

Hi :D
Well, my name is Amelia & I am a new owner of a maltese puppy, Angel. She is almost 3 months & is the sweetest thing. Except for housebreaking, she does not give us any problems. My husband wanted a big dog at first but once we got Angel he fell in love with her.
I have a question. Is everyones maltese very playful & hyper? Angel does play with us every once in a while & she runs to the door when we come home but she is very calm. I've met other maltese pups & they seem very active. Angel is happy to sit in my lap or sleep in her bed. We dogsat another maltese & that dog was alway jumping, running & barking. Angel seemed annoyed sometimes because the dog was always trying to get her to play (which she did). I was just amazed at how different she was from that other maltese (which happens to be her cousin). Does anyone have a calm maltese?
Amelia

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have a calm maltese?[/B]
first off welcome, my 2 Maltese are pretty calm, Maggie is very happy to be in your lap just laying there, Sampson likes to "wretle" with me a little bit but he lays around most of the time, once outside they both are really active, they LOVE to be outside, so i think having a "calm" maltese is nothing to be concerned with, just make sure she gets enough exercise, i also think dogs will adapt to their enviroment, so a "hyper" household may lead to a "hyper" dog and vise versa, but not always, they have theri own personalities so it may just be that :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Calm maltese =)

:lol: well, that's good to know (about them adapting to their environment). The moment I got her my neighbor said "hey, she has your personality" because she was just sitting still. Now that she has been with us for about a month she plays a little more but she is still very calm- which I love. I also found out that the neighbor's dog (the one I thought was an active maltese) may be a bichon frise. The vet told her that it wasn't a maltese so I looked it up for her. We're thinking it might be a mix. Okay- I'm getting off track- thanks for the info. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts