Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Keep posting so you can bump me down. I'm a lil embarrassed only because I dont have anything to really contribute HAHAHAH. <---except for that, of course.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mee~ I'm looking for a malt puppy now (not in a rush) but looking. I was in touch w/Rhapsody, she had a male pup available, emailed about him a wk ago, was told that she would email pics to me... I never got the email back w/pictures or anything and looked at the site tonight and the male pup is gone now.
Even when I called couple weeks ago to ask questions, I thought I would be questioned as well but never was and again asked to email me pics but never got a response. Is this normal when trying to find a pup?
Sorry about going off...! I'm kinda of grouchy today.
-_-

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 7 2004, 01:53 AM
Mee~ I'm looking for a malt puppy now (not in a rush) but looking. I was in touch w/Rhapsody, she had a male pup available, emailed about him a wk ago, was told that she would email pics to me... I never got the email back w/pictures or anything and looked at the site tonight and the male pup is gone now.

Even when I called couple weeks ago to ask questions, I thought I would be questioned as well but never was and again asked to email me pics but never got a response. Is this normal when trying to find a pup?
-_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20740
[/QUOTE]

im sorry for the "no response " thing with Rhapsody

but i remember reading from somewhere that Rhapsody travels a lot coz of maltese issues like competitions etc and she usually doesnt get back to emails that much..i cant remember where i read that tho...

also, when i was shopping around for my maltese i called several breeders but none of them asked me any quesions but then when i called the breeder i bought jongee, she asked me lots of quetsions like, do u have a fenced yard? (yes) do i have a swimming pool? (no), how long will she be home alone (just when im at school for about 4-5 hrs per day, and i also have roommates to keep her company if im out), do u have kids (no) etc etc

im sure when u find the breeder u trust, she'll ask u questions too while ur asking the breeder questions ,u'll build ur trust while talking with her...just keep searching for breeders..its kinda frusttrating, but then there will be a nice breeder that u will click with and want to buy one of her pups eventually!!!!

you could call some other breeders and interview them since ur not in a rush to buy one yet..but im sure u will find one while ur searching ~

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 7 2004, 01:53 AM

-_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20740
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I had been in touch with Tonia at Rhapsody when I was looking. She does travel a lot, showing her champions.... but she always got back with me, etc. I had already sent detailed information about myself, so there really weren't any questions left for her to ask me. I wrote copious amounts! We had been corresponding off and on for about a year but I ended up getting Catcher from someone else.

Don't forget... she cares much about where her puppies are placed.... since you are a first-time owner she may be more cautious until she hears from you why you would make a good mommy for one of her puppies... you have to sell yourself to these top breeders and let them know how serious and responsible you are, etc. It is more you selling yourself to them than the other way around!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by snoopychan@Dec 5 2004, 03:47 AM
Its okay, i'll be the token lurker!

...since I don't have a malt yet

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20379
[/QUOTE]

Haha, don't worry about it. I think about half of the posters here came before they had a maltese. I know when I started here in August there was a whole group of us just waiting to get our babies!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thank you too for the advice!! (Kallie/Catcher's Mom, Nataliecmu)

I guess cause I read that you should get questioned and thats what happened when my friend got her corgi, so thats what I was expecting...
I never thought of giving my info first... I did call & email Rhapsody several times but I didn't want to seem pushy, you know? My friends friend kinda went through the same thing when she was trying to find her malt...
Actually the only email response I got from her asap was when I accidentally emailed a message to her that I meant to send to Angie of Divine... Hope she didn't get mad about that!

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts