Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine found a dirty (but darling) maltese back in July. She kept her for one week while she looked for the owner. She made flyers, posted on craig's list, checked with vets & local humane societies.

No one claimed this sweet baby. I happily took her off of her hands. Normally it wouldn't have been so easy but it was my birthday the day before & my daughter's bday a few days later so I convinced my hubby.

I haven't had a maltese since I was 5 & I didnt remember much about them other than they were nice and had to be brushed a lot.:) I have googled every question I have and keep getting this site. I thought I should go ahead and join!

Mindi was in heat and about 3 years old. She was sporting a dirty,matted, grown out puppy cut with some nasty tear stains, fleas & worms. She has rank breath...seems her owners didn't brush her teeth because she puts up quiet a struggle.

It has been a month now...She has been shaved down, spayed, wormed, vaccinated, microchipped, she gets brushed daily (my husband says I do it all the time). She is house trained, can sit and can beg. She is a snuggler and loves to sleep in my sons bed. When he goes off to school she comes and jumps into bed with me.

I still need to have her teeth scraped but I have to save a couple hundred dollars for that. We spent about $600 on her so far my husband is about to kill me.

We are still working on the tear stains. I am letting the hair around her eyes grow out and rinse it 2 times a day, I dry then dust with cornstarch. All that along with the new diet she is on seems to be helping tremendously.

I guess that is enough rambling... I think I could go on forever about my new baby. I look forward to getting to know you ladies (& fellas)!

I'm going to try to attach a pic of her the day she was found and the pic on my avatar was taken yesterday.
Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/05mindihj

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome! Your little Mindy is a gorgeous girl! I am so glad she found her way to you and your family. What a difference in the before and after photos. It is wonderful what a little love can do. I wish you many happy years with your new girl.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,694 Posts
Wishing you much joy w/your new little treasure.
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome!!! Mindi sure lucked out getting rescued by your family!! We have lots of great info here. Check out the pinned threads at the top of each sub-forum.

:Welcome 4:

·
Premium Member
4,930 Posts
What a sweet, sweet face Mindi has. She is an adorable little girl. Poor little one found herself a good home. She's a lucky girl to have you and you and your family are lucky to have her.
Ask all the questions you want to here. Welcome to the SM family.:Welcome 2:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh, Mindy is a lucky little sweetheart~~You take such good care of her! Welcome and glad that you found such a sweet, darling little girl!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
:Welcome 4: Welcome to SM. Mindi looks beautiful. What a great job you've done with her. I think that she ended up exactly where she was supposed to be...in your arms, in your home. Hope you'll share your experiences with her and you'll find a lot of useful info here.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts