Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so glad I found this site, I was lurking on another maltese message board that was just ridiculous, they wouldn't post my posts and were just plain out MEAN!
Anyways, I've been waiting a month and it's almost here, on Sunday I will be picking up my baby maltese. She's a little girl I've named Bitsy. I'm so excited. This is my first dog EVER and I just love malteses!
Anyone have good info/advice for a first-timer bringing home a baby maltese?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats on the new baby! You may thing you are getting a puppy but you will soon discover that you have added a new member to your family!

Do a google search on "new puppy tips" and you will find lots of sites giving you lots of information. The breeder should give you some tips and items to have on hand before you pick your little one up.

This is a good article to check out:
New Puppy Tips

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Judi

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, you would be correct on that. What is with the people on that site??? They refused to post my questions on bringing home a new puppy so I thought it was an error and posted the same question again and then they BANNED me for repetitive posts! I complained and they unbanned me but were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nasty to me!

I'm really excited about Bitsy. Did your babies sleep in your beds with you?

·
Registered
939 Posts
By babies I assume you mean my Tiki. Though I did let me kids sleep with me when they were babies. I only have one dog; Tiki. He turned 1 year old in September. Yes he sleeps with us; he has to be between my husband and I, by our heads
. If we try to move him to one side or the other or down by our feet he will lay there for a while, but just when we are about to drift off he creeps up, licks one of us and gets between us :D

I love it. He will often just give us a sniff in the ear and a lick to make sure we are both there during the night and then go back to sleep. In the morning he loves snuggle time and will just roll around enjoying the attention until we get up. He also likes to go to bed by 10:00; If we are up watching TV or reading he will go get into bed and whine then come out and look at us and go "huff" and run back to bed. It is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

He started sleeping with us shortly after we got him. He slept in his crate until he would "hold it" through the night. I then bought him a doggy bed and he liked that until one night he came up to sleep with us and as been there since.

Judi

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to the site, we welcome your questions and participation here
as Judi said you'll soon learn you are getting a new member of the family, one that will love you like you wont believe but will also demand yours in return, Sampson and Maggie both sleep with us although Sampson does take advantage of his dog bed when he feels a little crowded :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats on your addition! The best tip I can give is to look as her as one the people in the house and not as a dog. LOL They are quite the little characters with tons of personality. People who dont' own them, can't understand this and think we are all nuts because of how we are with our little ones, but you will see, soooooooooooon! lol :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts