Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I have been gone forever... I havn't been able to check SM since last Tuesday!
I hit my weight watchers goal on Tuesday! I was so excited. I started out this diet wanting to loose 15 lbs...when I got there I thought, what the heck how about 5 more, and I did it!
I'm sooooo happy!
I was so excited when I got home I couldn't stop laughing and dancing around... until I noticed my bf wasn't acting like himself. It seems like 2 minutes before I walked in the door he got a call from his Dad. My bf's grandma had a heart attack and he said she wouldn't make it through the night. Now we are both from Michigan, but we live in the lower peninsula, and my bf's family is in the highest point of the upper peninsula, so it is a good 8-9 hour drive. The strange thing was we had been planning on leaving Thursday morning to go up for a visit. We ended up leaving at the crack of dawn on Wednesday and 10 minutes into our trip his mom called saying his grandmother had passed.
We made it up there in record time, but was a sad week. She had just turned 81, 3 days before she died.
For those of you not familiar with Michigan...the UP is way different then the LP... don't know if there are any uppers on this site!)
Anyway, things are WAY different where BF is from. He comes from a little ity bitty town where everyone knows everything about everyone! I love visiting, but I couldn't live there... A trip around the corner is like 20 minutes away. This was my first winter experience up there... and we took a snow mobile EVERYWHERE, to dinner, to a friends, to the bar! HAHA, I loved it... I grew up in a neighborhood so we didn't have anything like snow mobiles or 4-wheelers... my BF's parents just laugh at me... I get so excited to ride on the 4-wheeler in the summer or the snow mobile in the winter, they just can't believe the only time I have ever rode one is at their place...

ANYWAY...with the snow storm yesterday it took us 12 hours to get home.. that is 1/2 way to Florida...

BUSY at work today, but my day is looking awfully SLOW tomorrow.. I can't wait to catch up on all of the posts!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I have some mixed emotions. Part of me wants to go
because of your doing well on your diet...and then part of me is like
and
because of your bf's grandmother. I hope all is well

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Congrats on reaching your goal and losing a little extra!!!!
I am so sorry to hear about your bf's grandmother. I hope the two of you are feeling better. Welcome back!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Welcome back. I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter how old someone is, we still miss them when they're gone.....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats on reaching your goal...you and Lexi's mom def. give me more inspiration...
!
Soo sorry to hear about your family's loss!
Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Feb 21 2005, 04:43 PM
I have some mixed emotions.  Part of me wants to go 

because of your doing well on  your diet...and then part of me  is like
  and
because of your bf's grandmother.  I hope all is well
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36743
[/QUOTE]

I just re-read my origional post... I understand the mixed emotions!!! haha sorry about that!!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts... I was glad we were able to make it up there to spend time with his family.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
NatalieCMU--I wanna see pictures of you! TEEHEE

And his gma lived to be 80! That's a long live. I bet she lived a happy happy life knowing she was so loved by your bf and others. I'm sure she left in peace

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Feb 22 2005, 09:42 AM
NatalieCMU--I wanna see pictures of you!  TEEHEE

And his gma lived to be 80!  That's a long live.  I bet she lived a happy happy life knowing she was so loved by your bf and others.  I'm sure she left in peace
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36880
[/QUOTE]

She really did live a good long life... She was quite the firecracker, from what my boyfriends mom said, his grandmothers last few words were... "Oh $*@#, I am going to die!!!" She went very peacefully, she waited for everyone to leave the room, and within one minute she passed away... on a lighter note....

I'll find a before picture and an after picture this weekend!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
HAHA, She IS a firecracker! haha. This reminds of of this poem I read FOREVER ago. So long ago, I forgot! It was something like "don't go into the night...." something like that. About putting up a fight and not to die or give up so easily. I dont know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts