Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took in a sweet little old man, a Bichon named Sammy. His daddy died in September.. , the wife didn't want him, she called him "my husband's dog",she barely whiffed at getting rid of him....no one wanted him so I took him in to help find him a home..
A shelter is no place for a nervous little man like him.
He ducks when you reach for him,but getting better..I think he's been hit...
Took him a couple days to relax around us..
Neutered, housebroke, he has good house manners.. he's making himself comfortable..he's commandeered the girls' fluffy pink bed and he's a sock thief ..lol

I talked with his vet, he's a bit overweight, weighs 19.5 pounds,should weigh about 14.. we're working on his weight.
He's got a few "old man warts" but otherwise, he's in good shape for his age..He will be 12 in July..
He gets along with other dogs, does fine with my 3 girls.
4 dogs is a lot on us ,with 3 dogs, my health and caring for elderly parents..

I hope someone will give a senior boy a home..
I'm in NW Ohio, near Toledo
Dog Dog supply Carnivore Dog bed Pet supply

Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Wood

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Dog supply Companion dog

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Water dog Companion dog

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Water dog Companion dog

·
Registered
285 Posts
Awwwww So nice you saved him., he looks like such a good boy ! Looks so comfy in the bed! I know three is a lot, but it might be hard to give away with that adorable face! Bless you for watching and taking him in!

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,140 Posts
Michelle,

I am so gla you are are to foster him. He looks sweet. How are tge guys reacting to him?

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Thank you for helping this little oldie! He looks and sounds like a super nice little dog. 💗 I hope he gets over being hand-shy soon! Your slow and gentle handling may solve that quickly. These smart little dogs can figure out quickly who they can trust.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's actually warming up to us more.. he's playing.. surprised how fast he actually runs,being overweight (we're working on that) and almost 12.. He likes to play.. He started playing with the girls, so he does well with dogs...at least small ones like him.. The former owner's daughter has a pittie and she said they did well together too..

He's coming up to us and putting his feet up on us for attention..

Whomever adopts him,he will be scared a few days but he seems to warm up quick..
I don't think he had much attention..
His daddy used to take him out for icecream but as the owners health issues increased, seems he got less attention..

The daughter actually messages to see how he is.. the owner's wife kinda wanted to get rid og him.. calling "my husband's dog".. Even the vet I talked to said,she never came with husband for vet visits..

He's really a sweetie

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
I just took in a sweet little old man, a Bichon named Sammy. His daddy died in September.. , the wife didn't want him, she called him "my husband's dog",she barely whiffed at getting rid of him....no one wanted him so I took him in to help find him a home..
A shelter is no place for a nervous little man like him.
He ducks when you reach for him,but getting better..I think he's been hit...
Took him a couple days to relax around us..
Neutered, housebroke, he has good house manners.. he's making himself comfortable..he's commandeered the girls' fluffy pink bed and he's a sock thief ..lol

I talked with his vet, he's a bit overweight, weighs 19.5 pounds,should weigh about 14.. we're working on his weight.
He's got a few "old man warts" but otherwise, he's in good shape for his age..He will be 12 in July..
He gets along with other dogs, does fine with my 3 girls.
4 dogs is a lot on us ,with 3 dogs, my health and caring for elderly parents..

I hope someone will give a senior boy a home..
I'm in NW Ohio, near Toledo View attachment 276135
View attachment 276133
View attachment 276134
View attachment 276131
View attachment 276132
So kind of you to care for him. I do hope he finds a new home that will give him the love that you are obviously giving him now!! G-d bless!

Lainie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts