Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week it has been so cold at work. I found out yesterday that the building owners have the heat turned almost completely off at night and then it back on in the mornings they turn it back on. Well it takes until 2PM before it is an ok temp. Even then it is still slightly cold.

I'm sitting at my desk wrapped in a blanket. I am thinking about putting on my coat and gloves.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am so glad that I am not at the mercy of someone else for my heat. I can crank my heat up to 80 and I do. Actually to be fair my heat doesn't really work right. When I have it at 70 it feels more like 40 and when I crank it up to 80 it feels like 70 most of the time. Sometimes I have to crank it up to 85 just to get it so that I don't wake up seeing my breath lol. And our heat is FREE, FREE, FREE!!! We pay for AC and our electric bill shows it in the summer. But when winter comes our electric bill goes WAY down, down, down. I think that's just about the only thing I like about Winter. Except of course CHRISTMAS!!!

Can't wait to see my neice! She will be almost a year old and I have never met her yet. Then again I didn't meet her brother till he was almost a year old too. So sad being so far away from them while they are growing up. -_-

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Dec 16 2004, 10:09 AM

Can't wait to see my neice!  She will be almost a year old and I have never met her yet.  Then again I didn't meet her brother till he was almost a year old too.  So sad being so far away from them while they are growing up.  -_- 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23708
[/QUOTE]
Awww, you must be sooo excited!
That would be very hard to be that far away, I have problems just being 4 hours away from my family and seeing them once a month. I couldnt imagine not seeing them as long as you hadn't seen your brother/neice. How far away are you from them. Enjoy your trip thats so neat you will see her for the first time! :D :D

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I love the winter because I can't stand being hot.. I'm usually the weirdo that is walking in the snow/freezing temperatures with flip flops, a t shirt and jeans on. My husband is always complaining about how cold I keep the house.. I usually run the A/C throughout most of the winter!
Though, I can relate because my work keeps it super super cold in there (supposedly to keep the electronic stuff running
) and all my coworkers are usually bundled up.. I can even admit to getting cold in there once or twice!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Dec 16 2004, 11:09 AM

Can't wait to see my neice!  She will be almost a year old and I have never met her yet.  Then again I didn't meet her brother till he was almost a year old too.  So sad being so far away from them while they are growing up.  -_- 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23708
[/QUOTE]

I am away from my niece and nephew too...9 hours...it sux!
I only see them a couple times a year...I understand...enjoy the time you are together. Get them a webcam...that is what we did..it helps some...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww... dont get sick for Christmas while sitting in the cold! My friend is still in college in york, PA and she doesnt have ANY heat right now.. her appartment is coldddd... she said she sits in her bed when shes home. BRrrrrr.. its been cold here in NJ too! I HATE it!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would also suggest a personal heater you could bring that shuts itself off after a time. You can set it for like 5 hours or something.

When our heat or AC is broke we complain and it takes them weeks to come fix it. So we wait till it gets to the temp outside where it's an "emergancy" and we call late at night or on the weekend lol. They HAVE to come out then and it gets fixed real fast!
We know how to "cheat" the system lol.

My brother and his wife live in NC and I live in NJ. If it snows and we have to stop alot for Fantasia to potty, it takes us about 12 hours to get there. Of course my step-dad lives right down the road from my brother and he drives non stop (only potty break once or twice if my mom is lucky lol) and he makes it in about 9-10 hours. I am sure if I drove we could make it in that amount of time but because I don't drive, John has to drive the whole way and when he gets tired he stops and takes a cat nap for 5-30 mins depending on how tired he is. So that's another reason it takes us so long. It takes my brother a long time getting here too because he has two kids, and last year had one but it's still hard driving all that way with even one baby. They have only made the trip once with the two kids and they couldn't stop here. They went to see my sister-in-laws parents in PA and that's 5 hours from me so it was too far for them to come here
I miss my family all the time.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Dec 16 2004, 02:16 PM
  I miss my family all the time.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23796
[/QUOTE]

My sister can't come visit this direction often either. I miss mine terribly too. We decided when we say each other at Thanksgiving, that seeing each other actually made the "missing" worse when we got back home.
I will be sad with you.
The holiday times are the worst.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts