Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is so dang cold in the office this week. I thought yesterday morning was bad but today is worse. For some reason the offices are freezing but the hallways are warmer. Weird. I'm borrowing a thermometer from a co-worker to see how cold it actually is in my office. I wore jean capris and a light weight t-shirt to work today. I'm so changing at lunch. When I got to work I put on my light weight sweat shirt jacket and wrapped myself in a blanket. I'm about ready to get out my electric blanket (yes it is bad enought at work that I keep an electric blanket here
).

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 2 2005, 08:33 AM
It is so dang cold in the office this week.  I thought yesterday morning was bad but today is worse.  For some reason the offices are freezing but the hallways are warmer.  Weird.  I'm borrowing a thermometer from a co-worker to see how cold it actually is in my office.  I wore jean capris and a light weight t-shirt to work today.  I'm so changing at lunch.  When I got to work I put on my light weight sweat shirt jacket and wrapped myself in a blanket.  I'm about ready to get out my electric blanket (yes it is bad enought at work that I keep an electric blanket here
).


<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86626
[/QUOTE]
Where do you work its so darn hot here we're melting
106 in my car yestersday. And my poor son started football practice at 5 pm last night felt so sorry for all the boys hot hot hot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Des Moines, IA. It is supposed to be 90 outside today but it is inside that is messed up. My company has an entire floor of the office building and the heating/cooling system is kind of messed up. It can be freezing in one part of the floor and boiling in another. A couple of weeks ago we finally had it set perfect for my hallway but they started using the conference rooms more and it was boiling in there so they had to turn the temp down a little. Which means it is FREEZING in my hallway!

I gave in an got out my electric blanket. I've been kicking myself all summer for not getting those gloves with the fingers cut off. As soon as they start selling them again I'm getting a pair for the office.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
I can't believe you have to keep an electric blanket at work
You would hate me b/c I always blast the a/c. I make my friends freeze in the car all the time
Stay warm!!! Lol, now whenever I see a pair of those gloves without the finger's I'm gonna think of you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Aug 2 2005, 10:54 AM
I can't believe you have to keep an electric blanket at work
  You would hate me b/c I always blast the a/c.  I make my friends freeze in the car all the time
Stay warm!!!  Lol, now whenever I see a pair of those gloves without the finger's I'm gonna think of you

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86632
[/QUOTE]
LOL! I tried typing in regular gloves but couldn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,856 Posts
I keep a heater under my desk and it runs every day that I am here. People come in and think I'm crazy. Keeps some people away, too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by paris@Aug 2 2005, 11:12 AM
I keep a heater under my desk and it runs every day that I am here.  People come in and think I'm crazy.  Keeps some people away, too...
 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86643
[/QUOTE]

A lot of people I work with have a little heater under their desk. One even has one that is a combination refrigerator/heater!

Nothing worse than sitting at your desk freezing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by LadysMom+Aug 2 2005, 11:43 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-paris
@Aug 2 2005, 11:12 AM
I keep a heater under my desk and it runs every day that I am here.  People come in and think I'm crazy.  Keeps some people away, too...
 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86643
A lot of people I work with have a little heater under their desk. One even has one that is a combination refrigerator/heater!

Nothing worse than siiting at your desk freezing!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86649
[/B][/QUOTE]
I thought about getting one of those but I was told the CEO outlawed them. I guess a couple of years ago a bunch of people had them and we kept blowing fuses. It took down all the computers and phones. LOL! So he said we can't have them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 2 2005, 01:40 PM
I thought about getting one of those but I was told the CEO outlawed them.  I guess a couple of years ago a bunch of people had them and we kept blowing fuses.  It took down all the computers and phones. LOL!  So he said we can't have them.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86667
[/QUOTE]
Man, if enough people had them to start blowing fuses, you'd think they'd realize there was a prob with the heating/cooling system in the building
LOL, Kristi, I'm just picturing you with the gloves, blanket and a little heater under your desk, meanwhile I'm sweating my butt off


Think warm thoughts!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,614 Posts
OMG Kristi!!! I was thinking the SAME EXACT thing! It's sooo cold in here in my office I went to lunch early and picked up a big long sweater coat at home!
I'm FREEZING!... I think its because the air conditioners blow air constantly all day at the SAME temp... we cant chance the temp ... its just ON/OFF with the air. At home we have the comfort of making the temp higher if we are cold.
This sux... is it time to go home yet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,098 Posts
I'm so hot. Central Air unit went yesterday at the office. Yesterday in the office it reached 87 F and right now it is 84 F. No air movement...I have a small fan under my desk but if I turn it on any higher than low all my paperwork on my desk blows all over the place. It is humid and hot in my office. I want to go home. Of course the "big boss" left, he had things to do outside of the office.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,004 Posts
why do they have ot make th office soooooooooo cold. I ment with trying to conserve engergy you think they would put it a good tempature. You just need it to be cool not an ice box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 2 2005, 11:33 AM
It is so dang cold in the office this week.  I thought yesterday morning was bad but today is worse.  For some reason the offices are freezing but the hallways are warmer.  Weird.  I'm borrowing a thermometer from a co-worker to see how cold it actually is in my office.  I wore jean capris and a light weight t-shirt to work today.  I'm so changing at lunch.  When I got to work I put on my light weight sweat shirt jacket and wrapped myself in a blanket.  I'm about ready to get out my electric blanket (yes it is bad enought at work that I keep an electric blanket here
).


<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86626
[/QUOTE]


AAAWWWW,
I hope you warm up....You would have loved my hotel room that I had over the weekend...the a/c never cooled off the room, it always felt like it was on low cool and low fan. I had to go out into the lobby to cool off. They kept saying they would have it checked from Sat till Mon, but no one ever showed up.On Mon. just as I was walking out at noon to check out, the front desk called to send someone
I was at a wedding on Sun. and the church was so hot they shortened the ceremony.
Hope that blanket helps warm you up
you could dance around like the Chili guy here
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top