Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She use to go up and down the stairs of our deck all by herself to go potty. And now she absolutely will not do it! She will go up and down the stairs inside our house, but not the deck. I thought maybe because she's too cold or something to go up the deck but today, the weather is wonderful. She's been outside (in the shades) for awhile now and will not come upstairs. She'd go like half way or even 1-2 steps away from getting on the deck, but then she'd stay where she was. Or when I check on her, she'd run all the way back down stairs. WHAT IS THE DEAL?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Awww. Maybe she's slipped on the deck steps and has spooked herself. They can sure be weird, can't they!??

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
did she maybe get scared? My neighbors dog did that. Something scared him and he refused to go up the stairs. My neighbor had to get someone to help carry Pete (the dog up the stairs). By the way Pete weighs 110lbs!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She better be glad she's cute. That's all I gotta say. I think maybe she could have fallen off. The stairs indoors have carpet so it's safer than the deck.

And low and behold as soon as I posted this, she comes running inside. She finally came upstairs. I gave her oodles of praise....now let me go downstairs to see if she pottied on the carpet or not...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
A couple of months ago,I came home that nite,and Kirbie acted scared of something.He wanted to sleep under the covers right up by me,and thats not like him...he hates to be under covers.He kept shaking and acting weird.I felt so bad for him but couldnt figure out what was wrong.Since then he wont go out at nite to potty unless I take him.Not even with my hubby.Ive never been able to figure out what scared him.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by sheila2182@Mar 4 2005, 03:55 PM
A couple of months ago,I came home that nite,and Kirbie acted scared of something.He wanted to sleep under the covers right up by me,and thats not like him...he hates to be under covers.He kept shaking and acting weird.I felt so bad for him but couldnt figure out what was wrong.Since then he wont go out at nite to potty unless I take him.Not even with my hubby.Ive never been able to figure out what scared him.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=40023
[/QUOTE]

Oh my GOSH! That's kind of freaky. Poor baby.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Mar 4 2005, 04:55 PM
[/QUOTE]

Aww...
does he go out on his own? Maybe a possum hissed at him or something...? Poor baby...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
HE goes out in the daytime by himself,but not at nite.NO he was in the house,so I cant figure out what scared him.He was so pitfull,it made me cry
I wondered if maybe someone tried to break into the house and since it was dark maybe he associates the dark with that scare??

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 4 2005, 05:18 PM
She use to go up and down the stairs of our deck all by herself to go potty.  And now she absolutely will not do it!  She will go up and down the stairs inside our house, but not the deck.  I thought maybe because she's too cold or something to go up the deck but today, the weather is wonderful.  She's been outside (in the shades) for awhile now and will not come upstairs.  She'd go like half way or even 1-2 steps away from getting on the deck, but then she'd stay where she was.  Or when I check on her, she'd run all the way back down stairs.  WHAT IS THE DEAL? 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=39983
[/QUOTE]

Chester did this to me today to.... I was so upset because I only had 5 min before my next conference call. Normally chelsey will do this and I will send Chester out to go get her.
He just stood there in the middel of the stairs and would not come in...
Then I went looking for his toy waged it in the air and he came running in.

Maybe it was somting in the air today
who knows.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sounds to me that she might be scared.Maybe she knows something you dont? We have two sets of stairs in our home.Rudy goes up and down the main stairs (always to the inside next to the wall )many time a day.But he wants Nothing to do with the back stairs even though it's less steps and a short cut.Strange huh?He also wont go up or down on stairs that dont have risers.He gets carried alot LOL

·
Registered
4,352 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182@Mar 4 2005, 03:55 PM
[/QUOTE]
Awww, poor baby! I wonder what scared him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts