Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i get home from my externship to find parker as one huge matt. so i had to do something i never thought i would have to do...i shaved his hair off. i miss his beautiful hair, but it will hopefully grow back quick. here is a pic:

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks u guys! yes i am glad to be home..after a month of sleeping on the floor with no A/C and no dog...being home is the best! o BTW if n e one is interested..i took some pet pics while i was there. they r not malts...but still cute
its the last five groups: http://www.pbase.com/ladymontava/pet_portraits

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Welcome home Jaimie,I know your glad thats over
Parker is still his handsome,beautiful self
I bet he was so excited to see you(and hubby too)!
And why in the world were you sleeping on the floor,did I miss something?

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i had the mattress from my fouton from home..there were no furniture at the place i was staying.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I think you will find that Parker will enjoy his cool new hair cut. My Julia is going to get a very short cut since her pup is crawling around on her, making her one big matt.
Sleeping on the floor in the heat of Florida shows real dedication. I hope you had some enjoyable time there and learned a lot from the vet practice you were with. Please fill us in on what you got to do in your training.
I'll save your pictures for a time that I can sit and enjoy them. You are so talented at this, so I really look forward to seeing them.
Welcome back

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i learned a lot of what NOT to do hehe...i found this place inefficient. i did learn a few things. did a few surgeries/ helped in surgeries. mostly was just the vets shadow. they check the pups for the petstore...i learned some from this. they got better care then i thought they did. they were always getting their cages clean...they just poop once they get in a clean cage. anything with a murmur or luxating patellas were sent back. still dont support it thought. i asked the vet on her opinion..and she wasnt for it but she said at least she knew they were getting a good exam and had a better chance of being healthy. i guess that made sense. when the truck came it was sad...i saw all these pups in cages in an 18 wheeler sized vehicle...almost made me cry. i got to do a few exams..picked up some murmurs which made me proud that i could hear them. dont think i would work for these ppl...but i met some nice ones..and enjoyed my time. at first it was rough b/c i was being treated like a tech..but then i think the vet spoke to everyone and told them that i was not a tech. so then i got to do better things

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Well, I didn't miss you....

-c

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome back and congratulations on completing your externship.
Parker looks fabulous!

I cut all of Shrek's gorgeous silky hair last night - waaaahhh. It's just too hot and humid here this summer...

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Parker looks gorgeous! As always!

I am glad you made it through and got back home safely...I am sure everyone was glad to see you!!!!
Good luck in the next phase!!!!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I agree... I miss Kodie's hair too. Parker still looks great though!
WELCOME back! I bet you have a lot of threads to read through.. haha..

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Hello *Vulgar word inserted here!* hahahah (jokes) WELCOME HOME!

Parker is always gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts