Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I went to VA with a group of girls. One girl asked me to buy her ticket to guarantee us the same flights. And then after I bought her the tickets, she backed out on me. She said she'll pay back but I thought that one of my cousin will use the voucher/credit I got, but she ended up not using it. So I have this $150 credit for southwest. My other cousin may be able to use half of the credit (or less than half), but I don't know anyone who will fly anywhere anytime soon.

So my question is, what if I can't find anyone to use the credit? Do I ask her to pay me back? I feel weird doing so because I thought I could handle it, BUT, I wasn't the one who backed out. PLEASE HELP ME! Or I hope I can find someone that'll use the ticket before it expires!!!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i cant help really but i can always find somewhere to fly if you need to unload them on someone
:lol:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I really don't know what to tell you other than if you were good enough to trust your friend and go purchase a ticket on her behalf then she should really repay you the cost. I would at least ask her to do so in as friendly a way as you can.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
If she does repay you then you would be giving the voucher to her, right? Maybe she has somewhere to fly now ??

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Your friend has a obligation to pay you for the voucher. Since you've waited a year to collect on this debt, it might be touchy subject. I would talk to her about the situation in an honest and open way. Tell her your efforts and see what she says. If it were me, I would certainly have paid for the ticket the day it got charged to your credit card.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've been friends for like 4 yrs.

I don't know how to say it to her since it has been a year.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I would contact her and tell her that you have been trying to find someone who could buy the voucher from you, but without success. I would then say in a nice way that you would like her to buy the voucher to repay you the cost of her ticket, then say perhaps if she doesn't want to use it herself maybe she could find someone who would. After all you bought the tickets with confidence that she would keep her word, take the flight and that she would repay you the cost.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'll just mention to her that I cant find anyone to take the tickets and to tell her to help me find someone who is going to go somewhere???? I dunno.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The thing is you told her last year you were going to deal with it and find someone to use it. It is a tough position for her too because if you would have told her last year, she would have had more time to find someone to use it or fly somewhere herself. Either way, you should be careful about this .. don't want to ruin any friendships.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Charmypoo--Yah, I know what you mean. We had a really bad argument so it got messy and I thought we may not talk anymore and my cousin said she could use it. Since that was already the plan, I said forget it. Arghh...lets just hope I can get rid of this credit!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont think I can do that because I have to go to the airport myself to get the ticket for them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts