Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently joined and have been reading a lot of the topics. I have really learned a lot! My husband and I adopted a 6 year-old Maltese from a local SPCA by the name of Tuffy on June 26. He is wonderful, and it was love at first sight. We also have an 8 year-old Pomeranian that we have had since she was a baby. Her name is Precious. I am looking forward to learning more about the Maltese from this forum.

Tuffy, Precious, and Joycelyn

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
welcome to spoiledmaltese

·
Registered
939 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us! I look forward to hearing about how Tuffy is adjusting to his new home.

Judi

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I just wanted to let you know how much I admire you for adopting an older dog.

it's wonderful that you can do it. I love you!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello & Welcome!!
:D
I admire you for doing such a wonderful thing & adopting a malt!! I can't wait to see pictures of Tuffy & Precious!
^_^

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the welcome! Tuffy is adjusting to his new home very well. In fact, I think he has taken over
He only weighs about 5 lbs., and Precious weighs about 11 lbs., but Tuffy has his bluff in on her! We have had some jealousy, but they both seem to be adjusting well.

Tuffy, Precious and Joycelyn

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats awesome that you adopted. i didnt really know anything about maltese or adopting or puppymills when i got my babies. so did tuffy have a bad experience? like do you know why he was at the ASPCA?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Jul 19 2004, 08:56 AM
thats awesome that you adopted.  i didnt really know anything about maltese or adopting or puppymills when i got my babies.  so did tuffy have a bad experience?  like do you know why he was at the ASPCA? 
We were told that the owners brought him and another malt in to SPCA because they were gone so much that they didn't have time to spend with them anymore, and they wanted them to go to a good home. My husband is retired, so he is home all day and has a lap available for him. I come home during my lunch hour and play with him, also. In the evenings and weekends Tuffy is on one of our laps or next to us. He sleeps between us at night. We were told he was not housebroken, but he always lets us know when he has to go out. He has only had 3 accidents since we got him, so I cannot complain about that. He has gotten totally spoiled in the short time we have had him. I don't think he was mistreated at all from his previous owners. He stands perfectly still when I bathe him or brush him.

Tuffy, Precious and Joycelyn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts