Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is cathy. i love maltese. i own two. i have decided to become a vet---and hopefully will become one in 10 yrs. or less, hopefully. Just wanted to say hi!!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OHMYGOSH!!! i just found out about this site. honestly---i dont like malteseonly. i hated how it was soo moderated. they banned me for a week and deleted all my posts!!! and the reason:

animal poison control sent me an email--i copied and pasted the email into my post that had a *link* to their site about onion poisoning!!

its ridiculous.

anyway, im glad i see people from that site. and i'm happy that you liked my posts. :D

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm glad everyone feels the same way i do. i posted this in another section:

i was banned from malteseonly---UGH. i had been banned before. they even deleted all my posts. OH, and check out this email from jay and bev:

Maltese Forum Username: doctorcathy
> Message submitted:
> hi, i was just wondering what agreement i broke? was it the brand of
> water i like? saying that i use natures miracle? or what type of vet
> i want to be in 10 yrs? thanks i didnt mean to break the agreement,
> you know? thanks
>

Why not learn to read for starters? You'll never become a vet if you
don't. It says quite clearly "Posting website address is not
permitted. See user agreement."

I find your response to us immature as well as peculiar.

Thats exactly what happened. so for the past couple of weeks i was thinking about starting a forum---its too hard. i have no time. i'm sooo happy i found this site. and i love the avatars!!!!

I was seriously so mad when i got their email. its so rude.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hi, Doctor Cathy! I wondered what awful, awful thing you had done to be BANNED from MO...
Actually, I find the site has some very good posters on the forum but I love this one because we can finally see each other's furbabies.

The one thing I have found about this site is that there seems to be less awareness of the best way to purchase a Maltese. I know MO educated me quickly and the high profile coverage of the Hollybelle mess impressed me as well. Like most people who are first time pet owners, I had no clue about pet stores, puppymills, etc., until I got Pico and my daughter told me about MO. Pico came from the litter my daughter's sister-in-law's Cannoli birthed so I don't have that to feel guilty about but if I don't try to inform the world about the awful puppymill situations I DO have something to feel guilty about.

MO is pretty consistent in enforcing its rules but when you see the list of breeders on this site, where anyone is free to list, it does give you pause to reconsider MO's perspective. This site is getting more educated posters which is a big plus for those who are new to the Maltese King-and Queendom.

Welcome Dr. Cathy!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picos parent, you're totally right. i saw that link page. but someone on here said that they paid $5 for the list of breeders that malteseonly provides---and no one wanted to talk to her.

but even one thing was wrong on the malteseonly site. they say that if a breeder has a USDA license that they're a puppy mill. i read somewhere else that people who sell dogs and make more than $2,000 (i think thats the number) that they need that license. each of my dogs were $1200.

i had been freaking out that i got my dogs from a puppymill. Lol. i even called up the breeder and she felt insulted.

anyway, youre also right about how more people who are knowledgable are going to this site. how's pico doing? were you able to find a good diet? i havent been able to go on malteseonly---i think they banned me again. lol

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hi DoctorCathy, I do too remember your form MO.
Glad you found this site!

I'm with you, MO's responce to you was pretty rude!

J

·
0 Posts
Hi Doctor Cathy,
I remember you from malteseonly. I was banned also, not because of anything I posted there but because I post here.
I read the maltese only posts to learn, but I enjoy this site because we can voice our opinions among friends. By the way, I enjoyed your advice from that site and I was the one who bought the list for $5.00. Not one of the breeders from that list was interested in anything I had to ask, I was just told what I could and would do with one of their puppies. I ran up a large phone bill with no results to show for it. Most of the breeders were very rude to me and I had the feeling I was to hand over at least $2000.00 to be able to have the priviledge of having their dog in my house, but I had no say whatsoever in the puppies life.
I finally did find a wonderful breeder and I will be picking up my puppy on the 30th. Can't wait.

So welcome, and I am looking forward to your wonderful advice. You will find that we are a very friendly group and we want to learn as much as we can so we can take care of our babies the best that we can.

Jami

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
hi cathy! welcome to the forum. good luck in the persuit of your vet career..i too will be a vet...im half way there..so i call my self 1/2 a vet
...again welcome to the maltese forum

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think to be fair that MO is as good a site as this one

they have their rules and expect people to comply I do not see what the matter is I did not find them rude either but caring and if sometimes stressed

I think both sites are great and I have nothing but compliments to the people who run both sites they all do a great and caring job and each in their own way

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm so glad with all these responses. its awesome to post somewhere---and actually see it posted! :eek: Lol.

Jami-i'm glad you finally found a breeder. I remember how hard it was for me. I picked this lady basically because she actually loved her dogs. there was one dog that she had, it had some bladder or kidney problem. the dog basically "dripped" pee constantly. anyway, the puppy had to wait till she was 6 months old to have surgery, and my breeder felt that since the puppy was going to be with her that long--she'd form a bond with her and wanted to keep her. this puppy was super cute.

anyway, thats how i chose my breeder.

I wish i could remember all of you guys. Some of the names look familiar---but i cant remember all the posts from maltese only.

LadyMontava---i saw your website. your baby looks just like sprite. the 'windin face' pic just totally looked like my baby. OH, and your neighbors rottweiler--totally awesome. i was hoping that gruffi would look like full rott. we were told his dad had rottweiler in him...but gruffi looks exactly like his mom (half german shep, half husky). so does Parker ever play with the rottweiler? the only problem i have is that gruffi puts his hands on the girls heads--and his hands are heavy!! or he tries play biting with them. so they've never been unsupervised when they're playing.

anyway, thanks everyone for making this place feel so comfortable.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Doctor CAthy and The B's Mom:

I have always held the same opinion of MO as B's Mom until today.......I was warned that my next breaking of the rules would cause my banishment. Well, guess what? I quit! Here's what I posted:

"I had a good experience with a "big box pet store" obedience trainer"

I have to GUESS that "big box pet store" is a no-no because the entire posting was included in the warning notice. It is acceptable to say "pet supply store" evidently because another poster said that. But tomorrow, pet supply store may be a no-no. Who knows?

Well, that tears it for me. I'm sorry that I won't get to share with the MO forum who don't know about SM (Spoiled Maltese). I know that, like Doctor Cathy, I had a lot to offer the forum because of my experience with Pico's Microvascular Dysplasia and from being a 3 year maltese owner, but I no longer feel welcome in any way.

So it is up to those of us at Spoiled Maltese to take the effort and spend the time to be helpful to the new owners of Maltese on this forum. To advocate for these gorgeous and loving animals and hope the nasties that occasionally found MO don't find SM. :ph34r:

So, my last post on MO was today. I am not that much of a masochist to keep going back for more of that arrogance and high-handed behaviours from the moderators. You will never see Pico's Parent there again.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
picos parent---thats messed up!!
nichole, i was going to ask the same question! lol

i cant believe MO. i mean, they should be greatful that people are going to their site. ugh! it really pisses me off.

and they totally banned me from their site. when i tried to click on forum, i got a blank page that says "server too busy".

OH, and you know what else pissed me off? if you want to see everyones dogs-you have to buy a CD!! i'm sure all of you feel the same way i do---i like looking at your dogs pics....but i dont want to spend 8 bucks or something to buy a CD of it.

anyway, I wear my k9troops.com sweaters and shirts all the time, and i see some people go to the site. today or tomorrow i plan on adding the spoiled maltese site there. we need to build up this forum.

and picos parent--you're totally right, we all have a lot to offer. i remember a couple of years ago about someone who threw popcorn at her dog to eat---a kernel got stuck in her eye. i learned from that. i dont throw treats into their mouths or near their heads anymore. and about how a lot of people who have dogs that have diseases. i like hearing about that to see what the symptoms are and what medicates people put their dogs on.

could you please write more about Microvascular Dysplasia, i've never heard of it.

thanks

and i'm sorry about what happened.

cathy

1 - 20 of 86 Posts