Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Little Snowflake was a stray, and hit by a car. Edie was contacted, and he was only available to Rescue. They've now cleared him for public adoption. I'm already in love with this little guy, and so want to make sure he is healthy, and goes to a good home. He's been through so much.

So yup, I'll be there when the doors open. I'll be hauling ass ~ :HistericalSmiley:

Here's my bubba:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alarmdeb/5190300698

I sure hope the competition doesn't get there first ~ LOL

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Yup, definitely collecting dogs. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: And then letting them go to their loving new families. :chili: Little Snowflake looks very cute. Enjoy him while you have him. He looks like he'll be snapped up quickly. Again, thanks Deb and Edie for being such guardian angels.:sLo_grouphug3:

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG!! He's a dream ~ :wub:
So the shelter had him for public adoption, which bumped us off the list for taking him under a promise to neuter. Rescues usually are able to do that.

He's being neutered today. I tried to get him today, but they would have none of it. Our coordinator, from the shelter, wasn't in, so nothing I could. It does upset me, as he is 5-years old, and more than likely will need a dental. I would rather have had my vet do both at once.

In any case, he's ours!! I adopted him, and paid the fee. :chili:

It will be a couple more days before they release him. I'm thinking Monday. I can't flippin' wait.

And yep, his new name is Johnny, after Johnny Cash. :thumbsup:

MEET LITTLE JOHNNY

DON'T WORRY JOHNNY, JUST A COUPLE MORE DAYS

YOUR LIFE IS JUST BEGINNING

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
He's a DOLL - I LOVE the name! LLB watch out!

(((Hugs)))
Ummm, LBB can't "watch" out. :rofl: Sorry just couldn't resist the LBB joke and wanted to beat Deb to the punch.
I read the title thread and thought "I thought she was getting Snowflake. Now she's got Johnny:blink:" I see they're one in the same. He's so cute. It must break your heart to leave him. Hope the days fly by. :wub:

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Great! Are you keeping him as a member of your crew, or will he be up for adoption through AMA?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Johnny is precious! Bless you Deb for rescuing him. I will never understand why or how people could let such precious babies end up in shelters!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
OMG!! He's a dream ~ :wub:
So the shelter had him for public adoption, which bumped us off the list for taking him under a promise to neuter. Rescues usually are able to do that.

He's being neutered today. I tried to get him today, but they would have none of it. Our coordinator, from the shelter, wasn't in, so nothing I could. It does upset me, as he is 5-years old, and more than likely will need a dental. I would rather have had my vet do both at once.

In any case, he's ours!! I adopted him, and paid the fee. :chili:

It will be a couple more days before they release him. I'm thinking Monday. I can't flippin' wait.

And yep, his new name is Johnny, after Johnny Cash. :thumbsup:

MEET LITTLE JOHNNY

DON'T WORRY JOHNNY, JUST A COUPLE MORE DAYS

YOUR LIFE IS JUST BEGINNING

OMG Debbie, bless his heart. He IS a dream and you are an absolute angel. I can already feel the love and bond between the two of you in the pics. Amazing!!!!

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great! Are you keeping him as a member of your crew, or will he be up for adoption through AMA?
Oh no, I do not keep dogs, unless they are old, blind, ugly, crippled, or just plain stupid ~ LMAO

Little Johnny will be an AMA foster. Isn't he a little bug.

It's raining today, so all the dogs were wet, and shivering. Even the covered "dry" area they had, was soaking wet. So was the bedding.

Makes me sick. I'll never get used to it. After all these years, and all the shelters, I still bawl. I'm embarrassed for the human race. :(

Little Johnny is being neutered, so at least he will be indoors until I pick him up. I'm sad for the ones we leave behind. I took several pics of all the precious doggies. I'll see if I can get the link to the slide show.

·
Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
17,981 Posts
Oh no, I do not keep dogs, unless they are old, blind, ugly, crippled, or just plain stupid ~ LMAO

Makes me sick. I'll never get used to it. After all these years, and all the shelters, I still bawl. I'm embarrassed for the human race. :(

I don't think we are suppose to get used to it---it IS wrong and we should be embarrassed for human cruelty to animals. . . there is no excuse! I hope I never stop caring about all the wrong in this world.

Keep doing what you are doing Deb. . . it is an inspiration for the rest of us!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts