Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm leaving in a little while to spend the night at Megan's apt. in Hattiesburg. Tomorrow she and I will drive to Jackson and MK will join us to fly to Houston for the weekend. Yes, we'll be shopping at the Galleria, but the main reason we are going is to see PAUL MCCARTNEY on Saturday night. I'm so excited. I might check in later tonight, but otherwise I'll catch up on the posts on Monday....

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Am I jealous! Paul was always my favorite Beatle. I saw his show earlier this year and it was fantastic. He does lots of Beatles stuff. He was my very first rock concert in 1975 (or was it 1976) when he did the Wings over America tour. Enjoy the show.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Have a great time!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I guess I'm to young to be jeleous of paul but I'm way jeleous of the Galleria it is awesome and great shopping.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 17 2005, 12:46 PM
Am I jealous!  Paul was always my favorite Beatle.  I saw his show earlier this year and it was fantastic.  He does lots of Beatles stuff.  He was my very first rock concert in 1975 (or was it 1976) when he did the Wings over America tour.  Enjoy the show.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120638
[/QUOTE]

I am really excited about this tour. When he was here and doing the Back in the US tour in 2002 we saw him 3 times (twice in Atlanta and once in New Orleans). He is awesome and I can't believe what good voice he is in, and how long he stays on the stage! We should all be that lucky.....

Scrappy, I assume you are referring to the Beatles Museum in Liverpool. If you EVER get the chance, you must go to Liverpool. Talk about Ground Zero for the faithful! I would go back there in a minute.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia+Nov 17 2005, 08:02 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-saltymalty
@Nov 17 2005, 12:46 PM
Am I jealous!  Paul was always my favorite Beatle.  I saw his show earlier this year and it was fantastic.  He does lots of Beatles stuff.  He was my very first rock concert in 1975 (or was it 1976) when he did the Wings over America tour.  Enjoy the show.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120638
I am really excited about this tour. When he was here and doing the Back in the US tour in 2002 we saw him 3 times (twice in Atlanta and once in New Orleans). He is awesome and I can't believe what good voice he is in, and how long he stays on the stage! We should all be that lucky.....

Scrappy, I assume you are referring to the Beatles Museum in Liverpool. If you EVER get the chance, you must go to Liverpool. Talk about Ground Zero for the faithful! I would go back there in a minute.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=120732
[/B][/QUOTE]
There was a wonderful show on PBS not too long ago about a portable juke box that the Beatles used to play their favorite records. It was interesting to hear the songs that influenced John and Paul's styles. My 12 year old is really into the Beatles and loves to listen to all my original LP's and 45's. Her friends didn't believe her that 45's even existed! I don't have a complete collection of 45's, but I do have a lot. I also have all the original Capitol and Apple records. As for the concerts, every one has been wonderful. I've seen Paul in 1976, 1989 (or was it 90), 2002, and 2005. Each time he was just perfect. His voice is absolutely amazing. I just wish he'd stop dying his hair...he'd look so much better as a natural gray. I don't think Linda would have let him dye his hair! But I guess that's what happens when you marry someone so much younger.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Susan, I missed your thread yesterday and I hope that you are having a great time on your trip. Tell us all about it when you get back.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Have a great time and be sure to report back in and share all the fun with us.
I was a huge Elvis fan (still am) and can't tell you how exciting it is to be able to be near and see a concert (s) or on stage performance(s) of someone you are a huge fan of!!!! It will be a memory that will be with you always.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs & puppy licks))))))))))))))))))))))))))

~Carole and Bella~

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG!!!!!!! This was my 4th time in 3 years to see Paul and he is just unbelievably good. The guy sang for nearly 3 hours without leaving the stage (except for the encores). He rocks like he was 25 years old and his voice is so great (except on Jenny Wren - oops). They had a special thing for the astronauts of Discovery that was really good and then he did a cover of "Midnight Special" for the Texans. It was 11:45PM before he left the stage. My 20 year old was in awe. I snidely remarked that I'd love to see the Backstreet Boys still singing 37 songs in concert when they were 63 or 64! LOL. My oldest daughter has been with me for all the other concerts so we were thrilled that Megan (the younger one) like the concert so much. They did a nice film montage of Paul since birth and since we were in Liverpool in the summer of 2004 we had been to a lot of the places that were mentioned. Meanwhile, we stayed at the Westin Galleria and shopped till we dropped. MK's sorority sis from Vandy works in Houston and had arranged for dinner reservations and brunch, etc. and she did an excellent job. I loved Houston, but the traffic boggles my mind. It was such a nice interlude.....we really needed it.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Wow, what a great trip you guys had!!! And the concert sounds definitely like it was wonderful!! I'm so glad everything turned out so well!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts