Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well -- the surgery is behind me and so, hopefully is the cancer. The doctors gave me really good news about the tumors. The 2 new ones were very small and were primarily on the surface - not even 1/3 into the muscle yet. :chili::chili: The one that I had already been treated for was miniscual and it would have been gone within another month, they're sure. They decided to do one treatment of targeted radiation just to be safe but did not feel that the chemo was necessary. :aktion033::aktion033: At this point, they feel that I won't need any additional treatments and that I will be completely cancer free. Only time will tell, but this is very good news, imho. :chili::chili::chili:

I'm at Ellen's house and I have no idea what I would have done without her and her wonderful family. They're my family too, she always reminds me, and I do feel that they are. Ellen and I have been through so much together over the last almost 40 years. We've laughed, we've cried, we've had fun, we've watched her children grow up, we've watched my fluffs and we've always been there for each other through thick and thin.:wub::wub:

Now, I haven't had the energy to get completely caught up here on SM, but I have seen a few things that I wanted to address:

• Congratulations on Terra's puppies. They look wonderful and I can't wait for more pictures. Glad that she and the babies are doing well.
  • Donna -- I'm praying that your CT scan is good and will anxiously await the results on Monday. Hang in there. I'm sending prayers your way.
  • How is Hunter? I saw that he was in lots of pain and pray that he's better.
  • How's B&B's leg? I've been praying for her too.
  • And I'm also praying for sweet little Ollie.
  • Sending prayers for Debbie's stepdaugd and to Kat for her Dad too.
And now to sweet little Lucy-Lu. I'm so glad that she's home and is doing good. She's been on my mind so much. I had a dream that she and I were having our surgeries at the very same time and that the very same doctor was operating on us. We both had on fuzzy pink jumpsuits. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: And then Lucy-Lu licked my nose and told me that we would both be alright. Isn't that strange? But somehow it gave me peace and I knew that she was right -- we were both going to come out of the surgery and be fine. Sometimes when I drift in and out of sleep, I still can see sweet little Lucy.

I'm still on pain meds. This has hurt a lot more than I thought it would. :angry::angry: And I've been very nauseaus. But I have the very best medicine I could possibly have -- my fluffs. Right now I'm curled up on the sofa with Lacie, Tilly, Secret and Ellen's Lhasa (my Lhasa as I bred him and placed him with her) Dice. All of them are really being good nurses. :thumbsup::thumbsup: And I have the throw that Sher sent me wrapped around me. I love that throw so much that I brought it with me to CA to recuperate with. :)

And I know that I couldn't have done this without all of my dear SM friends. Your prayers and support have meant the world to me, and I love you all so much I just don't know what to say.:wub::grouphug::grouphug:

As I feel better, I'll try to get caught up on posts and pms. Hugs to all of you.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Lynn:

God bless. Hold on tight as it will get better.

Rest and drink lots!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Lynn - thank God for the great surgery report and that you're home from the hospital. We couldn't be happier. :party: Your friend Ellen and her daughter were awesome keeping us posted on you. We don't know to thank them enough. So glad you've got your three prescriptions (Lacie, Tilly and Secret) right near you so you can take a dose of love whenever you want. Hope the nausea goes away...it's such a lousy feeling. Assuming you've got Compazine. Take your time getting back to SM....you need your rest but know how loved you are and how thrilled we are to hear that you're cancer free. Now missy,just stay that way.:smootch: And only you could be worried about all of us when you came out of surgery. :sLo_grouphug3:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
That's wonderful news Lynn I'm so happy for you. Yes I think Ellen definitely qualifies as family and what could give you more comfort that the fluffs? So glad you have them there with you. Take care and let them pamper you...get lots of rest. LOL luckily a vet didn't operate on you, you'd be wearing a cone.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Lynn, that's great news! :chili::chili::chili:

Now, you worry about your own recovery and don't worry about the SM Malts!

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Good to see you Lynn :tender: I am happy you are getting lots of care and attention. Great news from the Doctors too :) I hope you feel better soon. Don't try to do too much. Rest yourself ;) and take care.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
:chili::chili::chili: GREAT NEWS :chili::chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Lynn, I'm so glad it's all behind you and that you are on the road to recovery and being cancer-free. And it brings tears to my eyes to know you are enjoying the throw. Thank you for letting me know. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
That's wonderful news Lynn. Rest and recover, and put this behind you!!

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Oh Lynn, it's soooooo good to hear from you and ESPECIALLY good to hear the good news the Dr. gave you!!! :chili::aktion033::chili::aktion033::chili::aktion033::chili:

Now you PLEEEASSE! rest and follow Drs. orders 100% ...Promise?

·
Premium Member
24,171 Posts
PRAISE THE LORD
you have been on my mind all day, I am so happy your doing well Lynn, make sure you get lots of sleep. I am so grateful to God that you will be cancer free. I just know it, I love you

Awntie this is B&B my leg is still sore but I am ok, going to see my doctor next week. Thanks for thinking of me awntie:smootch::heart: Lynn

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
(((((Lynn)))))

Thank G-d you're doing better.

Rest, take your medicine on time (don't play catch-up), allow people to help you.

Lynn, would you please lets us know a couple days in advance of you returning to your own home -

Thank you for your thoughts and love for Lucy - that is so kind of you.

Forget about everyone except yourself and your babies - heal, we need you.

Hugs,

Barron, Lucy and Allie

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh Lynn, I am just now seeing this and I am extremely happy for your good news!!! I know all the prayers helped you......Get that one radiation treatment and get on with living!! Thank your friend and her family for informing us of your operation. I know it is so comforting to have your babies around you and keep Sher's blanket wrapped around you to keep you warm.......Again, it is such wonderful news!! Rest so that you can kick up your heels in a few weeks!!!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that you are out of the hospital and cancer free. That is such a relief to know. We've been so worried about you. Now, take care of yourself and let those around you take care of you for a bit. Try not to overdo. You know how much pleasure you get from doing for others. It's time to allow someone else that same pleasure. We'll be praying for a speedy recovery. Hugs

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynn, this is wonderful news! :chili: Sound like you're being taken very good of and you'll be up and running soon. You get lots of rest and don't worry about anything but getting better. I'm glad the pups are helping you rest. I rest best when I have my three laying on the couch with me, mostly because I can't move. :blink:
Take care of yourself. We really miss you.:wub:
hugs

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I was thinking about you this afternoon and wondering if you were out of the hospital. Ellen is a friend to treasure. But you know that already. So happy for you also that the Dr's think the cancer is gone.:chili:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts