Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited I don't know what to do. The breeder I am using emailed me today that mama will be having her babies around the 28th to the 30th.

Before I only wanted a female but after reading posts at several websites I am seeing that males are just as good as females.

One of her other dogs just had a litter but all are spoken for.

My breeder has told me she will put me down for a female as my first choice and male as my second. As it stands now I will be able to pick up the little bundle of joy the end of August. I just don't know how I am going to contain myself.

ummmm maybe puppy shopping??? Sounds like a good idea to me.
There is going to be a HUGH AKC dog show here in my hometown the beginning of June and I will take the opportunity to find some good stuff.

How am I going to contain myself until August?????????????? I know maybe picking out names???

Connie

·
Registered
860 Posts
OH it will be worth the wait. Just set back an get everything ready for your baby. This way it gives you time to prepare for her or him. I am so happy to hear about the new baby on the way. Congrats.
Teaco

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats!

Waiting is the hardest part!!! It will be here soon though!!! :D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Congrats!!!! The waiting is so hard, but besides shopping and picking out a name you can always come here!!!! We will all be waiting with you!
:D

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Good for you. The waiting is sooooo hard, but working with a breeder that you like makes it all worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Hi and congratulations on being a soon-to-be Malt Mommy!

Yes the waiting is torture..... The sense of expectation can also kind of feel good though... knowing that something good is going to happen and planning for it can be fun, too. Enjoy this time, as it is part of the whole Malt experience!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
From personal experience, shopping for the furbaby can really make the waiting easier. You feel like you are preparing, and buying things with love and care. Once you're hooked on shopping for your Malt, the addiction remains. Just think - there is so much you can get now, from bed to toys to food/water dishes, car seat, etc. By the time you get your baby, you will be well-prepared and sort of feel like you know her/him! We will be here with you while you wait!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by ConnieVa@May 21 2005, 08:51 AM
I am so excited I don't know what to do.  The breeder I am using emailed me today that mama will be having her babies around the 28th to the 30th. 

Before I only wanted a female but after reading posts at several websites I am seeing that males are just as good as females. 

One of her other dogs just had a litter but all are spoken for.

My breeder has told me she will put me down for a female as my first choice and male as my second.  As it stands now I will be able to pick up the little bundle of joy the end of August.  I just don't know how I am going to contain myself.

ummmm maybe puppy shopping???  Sounds like a good idea to me.
There is going to be a HUGH  AKC dog show here in my hometown the beginning of June and I will take the opportunity to find some good stuff.

How am I going to contain myself until August??????????????  I know maybe picking out names???

Connie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64019
[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I'm in the same boat. I've found 3 breeders expecting litters at the end of May. The waiting is getting harder. I'm trying not to start shopping yet because I know I will spend way to much.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
aww..!! Congrats!

I was lucky.. I didnt know I was getting Kodie so i didnt have to wait for months. He was a gift from my bf for my graduaton. So.. On my graduation day he told me that he bought me a maltese and I think i only had to wait 1 week.
I can only image how it feels to wait for months because I was sooo excited and couldnt even sleep until I got little Kodie!
Hang in there and try not to spend tooooo much money on puppy supplies!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too late on spending ladies!!! Hubby and I went shopping yesterday. Looked at x-pens. (I have one but much too tall and large.) Looked at small crates and also looked at carriers (for when we go out.)

We came home after pricing. My hubby does a lot of Ebay buying and selling as a part time job so he was able to get me a crate of 24.99 plus shipping. Actually we got it for $30.00 less than the store had and it is new and in the box. As far as the crate looks like we will get it for 9.99. Lucky unh?

Hubby has done Ebay for so long he knows who is watching and can figure their bids by the way he bids.

Now that Paris is influensing the doggie world PetCo has come out with lots of pink stuff.

Connie

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by ConnieVa@May 23 2005, 10:27 AM
Too late on spending ladies!!!  Hubby and I went shopping yesterday.  Looked at x-pens. (I have one but much too tall and large.)  Looked at small crates and also looked at carriers (for when we go out.)

We came home after pricing.  My hubby does a lot of Ebay  buying and selling as a part time job so he was able to get me a crate of 24.99 plus shipping.  Actually we got it for $30.00 less than the store had and it is new and in the box.  As far as the crate looks like we will get it for 9.99.  Lucky unh? 

Hubby has done Ebay for so long he knows who is watching and can figure their bids by the way he bids. 

Now that Paris is influensing the doggie world PetCo has come out with lots of pink stuff.

Connie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=64461
[/QUOTE]

I got my crate on ebay for a GREAT price too! WAAAAAY cheaper than the stores!
EBAY rules for MANY things!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I am so happy for you! I hate to say it but it will just get tougher and tougher! Once you start seeing the photos!! But it won't be long~

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congratulations!! Yup, waiting is TORTURE but use this time to learn as much as you can!! Are you close to the breeder so you can get a peek at the new baby when she/he is born? We were able to have "bonding" time with Sisse before we brought her home at 12 weeks, it really helped with her adjustment I think. We will all be waiting with you!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess I had better change "I'm so excited" to "I'm so sad".

The mama gave birth to one small male. The breeder is going to keep him. Now the search starts all over again.

There are so few breeders in Virginia. My branch out to N.C. or W.Va. Problem is not knowing if your getting from a reputiable breeder and if you can get a puppy that fits your pocketbook.

I am just so down. Didn't want to get out of bed yesterday. It's so hard seeing all the puppy pictures and wanting one so bad it hurts.

When I found out I didn't get a puppy all I could do was cry. My poor hubby had a time getting me calmed down.

Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks everyone.
ConnieVa

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by ConnieVa@Jun 1 2005, 06:03 AM
Guess I had better change "I'm so excited" to "I'm so sad".

The mama gave birth to one small male.  The breeder is going to keep him.  Now the search starts all over again.

There are so few breeders in Virginia.  My branch out to N.C. or W.Va.  Problem is not knowing if your getting from a reputiable breeder and if you can get a puppy that fits your pocketbook.

I am just so down.  Didn't want to get out of bed yesterday.  It's so hard seeing all the puppy pictures and wanting one so bad it hurts.

When I found out I didn't get a puppy all I could do was cry.  My poor hubby had a time getting me calmed down.

Any help would be wonderful.
Thanks everyone.
ConnieVa 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=67533
[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in the same boat. I've been searching since Feb and have had to start over twice. It is really hard but you will find your puppy soon.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
oh no, i'm so sorry. it's horrible to be disappointed like that, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

you'll find your dream dog soon, i promise
have you talked to any other breeders yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts