Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just had to share how proud of Lacey I am.
Since I have been taking a college class three days a week and working all day I haven't seen as much of my granddaughter as I have wanted too. While I am now on springbreak so I decided to have my 8 month old granddaughter over for the weekend. She is such a good little baby. I always watch Lacey very carefully around the baby since she is not used to children at all. This weekend Lacey was wonderful with her! Lacey wanted to share her toys with the baby all weekend. She kept bringing her a ball and waiting for her to throw it for her. While of course the baby would grap it and hold onto it. Lacey would stand there waiting and waiting. Lacey loves her ball and she could play fetch all day long. Her little body would be shaking with anticipation waiting for the baby to throw it. Never once did she try to take it from the baby but it was so cute watching her with this expression on her face that was saying "hey, come on throw the darn ball, now!" She would even look at my husband and I asking "what is going on here? You people need to teach her how to play." My granddaughter has learned how to make very loud noises. She would look at Lacey and just do this scream, grunt thing. Lacey would stop what she was doing and would sit down and bark once at her everytime the baby grunted, screamed at her. It wasn't a mean bark at all. It was her friendly little bark. So I am very proud of Lacey. I will of course watch her around the baby as I have always but she did very good with a 8 month old baby that is crawling all over the place.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you are sooo lucky!!! sprite and ellie will deal with the kids for a little while, and then they get bored. and gruffi----oh my gosh. he barks/growls because he wants them to pet him...but then he scares them and they cry. and then he'll freak out and start growling and barking more! its a cycle.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Lacey sounds like such a doll! What a perfect little girl she was! Your granddaughter is going to have a great little friend when she is old enough to realize it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That is soooo cute!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Awww.. how sweet! What a good girl! She needs extra treats, or a new toy!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got lots of pictures. The one in my avatar is of the two of them together. Hard to get one of both of them since they both move so much. I am hoping that Lacey and Alexis will get along. I do worry since Lacey is an "only child" and she doesn't have to share her toys. But so far she has been a perfect little girl with my granddaughter.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
AW,Lacey is such a good girl ! WE have a granddaughter that just turned 9 months the 1st. of March.Its so cute to watch them together isnt it !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts