Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a promise to myself and so far I've stuck with it.

I'm going to go the whole month without cheating or treating. And I'm also going to work out 5/6 times a week. So far I've stuck with it! I really, really like the core secrets work out. Most of them are only 20-30 minutes but you can really tell you are working your muscles.

Tuesday I did about 30 minutes of the core secrets intro video and then went over to the fitness center and did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Wednesday I didn't have much time so I only did the 25 minute Ab Assault Video. Yesterday afternoon my abs were sore (not painfully sore).

Last night I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and then 30 minutes of a core secrets Bun Battle Video. So this afternoon I'm probably going to be sore.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I find funny is that before this week I hated exercising. I could only make my self do it maybe once a week if that. I'm actually enjoying working out. I love the core secrets videos. They are fun and fast pace. They are short enough that I don't feel like I'm wasting most of my night doing them. But yet they are long enough that you actually break a sweat. I got the Best Value package on this page: Core Secrets

I like it because there are enough videos that I won't get bored. I have the firm but was getting really bored with it because I only had 3 videos and didn't like 1 of them. So I was doing the same 2 over and over again.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Great Job!
I did the Weight Watcher thing over a year ago, I was able to drop 50 lbs. Then I got really involved with the Breast Cancer 3-Day events and with all the walking/training to get ready for the 60 mile walk last October I had to keep moving!! I too hated excercise and since I started walking I am actually upset when I have to miss a day!! I get up at 4:30 every morning and walk my 3 miles before work rain or shine!! It's tougher here in the summer because if you are not up and out early the sun just KILLS you!! Keep up the good work, you'll be happy you did as it is SOOOOOO worth it!! I am keeping an eye on the core secrets thing you are doing, I am happy to hear you feel it is working. I have been thinking about trying that..... GREAT JOB !! We're all so proud of you!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You are going to notice so many things... like, even if you have great sleeping habits now, they will get better. Even if you are 'sore' you will more energy.. that kind of stuff! Once you get over the 'hump' with exercising you won't want to stop. It just becomes a normal part of the day!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
great job...i wish I had the will power. with all the stresses of school, i just dont have the energy to put ne effort towards my body. maybe when i'm done i will be able to stick with it. Im proud of u 2!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
WOOHOO! Maybe I should get some videos too since I am no longer apart of a gym *cuss words inserted here*. I wish I had a bike. I can watch tv and bike along time. My favorite exercises are for the tummy and calves!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My apartment complex just opened a fitness center so I've been going over there almost every night to do the treadmill or the elliptical. Between that and core secretes I'm feeling the work out.

What is kind of sick is that I'm kindo disappointed that I can't work out tonight because my dad is staying over. We have to go look for golf clubs for him. I'm actually looking forward to going to work out tomorrow. If I told this anyone in my family they would think I was dillusional or something. Totally not something I would have ever thought I would say.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Feb 4 2005, 04:22 PM
If I told this anyone in my family they would think I was dillusional or something.  Totally not something I would have ever thought I would say.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33500
[/QUOTE]
Huh?

I saw my hair stylist today. She had that gastro bypass(?) a yr ago. She lost over a hundred pounds! She looked GOOOOOD. She told me she lost over 100 lbs and now she's pregnant!
Like, how does that work? I mean, can she eat normally now that a year has passed? Will her baby get enough food? I should have asked her.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko+Feb 4 2005, 07:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Feb 4 2005, 04:22 PM
If I told this anyone in my family they would think I was dillusional or something.  Totally not something I would have ever thought I would say.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33500
Huh?

I saw my hair stylist today. She had that gastro bypass(?) a yr ago. She lost over a hundred pounds! She looked GOOOOOD. She told me she lost over 100 lbs and now she's pregnant!
Like, how does that work? I mean, can she eat normally now that a year has passed? Will her baby get enough food? I should have asked her.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33522
[/B][/QUOTE]

I used to hate to exercise. I would only do it maybe once a week, if that. I am now looking forward to working out. Which is very strange for me.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The whole not cheating thing didn't last the weekend.
Dang it! Oh, well the exercise thing is still going. I've exercised for at least 30 minutes everyday but Friday. Most days it is 60-90 minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts