Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got Maxi a sister today i can't pick her up until friday she has a cold
her name is lexi and she is a malti poo a beautiful little girl
im very excited ill keep you all posted she is apricot a light color apricot and she favors the maltese look she has an adorable baby puppy face like maxi
i hope he likes her and learns to love her since he is my baby and i have spoiled him to the umth degree but he is a lovey baby so i know he will love her
anyway as soon as i get her i will take pictures she is tiny

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Good for you! Someone (not me) should count and see how many of us have gotten 2nd or 3rd puppies within the last few months. Seems to be spreading fast!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Congrats to you!!! How fun a new baby

Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 23 2005, 05:10 PM
Good for you!  Someone (not me) should count and see how many of us have gotten 2nd or 3rd puppies within the last few months.  Seems to be spreading fast!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37260
[/QUOTE]

I can see how its veeeeeery tempting! My before-Holli-not-a-dog-person-boyfriend is now telling me that the new puppy needs a brother!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures!!!
And jealous!
I still can't convince hubby so that I can jump on the bandwagon...

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
AWWWW! Maxi and lexi. Are they short for maxima and lexus? LOL I'm totally kidding. CONGRADULATIONS! I really hope they're not like ButterCloud and Noriko and that they LOVE each other and cuddle
PICTURES ASAP please!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
That's great news. My husband just asked tonight when we are getting another puppy. I think I'm a one dog woman, but you never know.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
congrats!!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Feb 23 2005, 07:58 PM
I am a one dog woman too. I cannot afford vet bills for multiple dogs. And it is easier to travel with just one.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37285
[/QUOTE]

I'm a member of the "one and done" club, too, Janine! This breed runs up vet bills like I have never experienced before in my life! I struggle to support my Lady's "drug habit", not to mention her vet bills!

I also travel/visit my family quite a bit and one dog is much easier (and more welcome).

So I just enjoy everyone else's puppies through SM! Congratulations, Maxi's Mom!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I want another malt puppy too!!!

I would love to get Abby a little sister!!!! I would love to have another little one in my house, and I would feel so much better for Abby knowing that during the day while I am at work, she has someone to keep her company! I might start looking in the next couple of months.... Abby is 7 months old... is that an ok age to get another puppy?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Originally posted by Sunshine@Feb 24 2005, 08:08 PM
  I want another malt puppy too!!!

I would love to get Abby a little sister!!!! I would love to have another little one in my house, and I would feel so much better for Abby knowing that during the day while I am at work, she has someone to keep her company! I might start looking in the next couple of months.... Abby is 7 months old... is that an ok age to get another puppy?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37565
[/QUOTE]

I think the so-called rule of thumb for adding another one is about a year, provided your first one is potty trained, well-mannered, etc. Remember, Abby will be a role model for a new puppy and she will pick up Abby's habits.

I have spoken to several people who do rescue who say that is why a lot of young pairs (in the 2-3 year old range) end up in rescue. People end up with two unhousebroken dogs with behavior issues to boot and can't handle them.

Of course, I always get out my soapbox here and remind people to consider the long range financial picture (hopefully 15 years) before adding another dog. Maltese are prone to a number of health issues and can rack up some pretty big vet bills, especially as they get older. Two senior dogs can be pretty costly, so it's often wise to stagger the ages a bit more. Of course, young Maltese can have their own health problems like luxtating patellas, liver disease, etc. which can also be very costly.

My personal opinion is that people should almost think worst case scenario when purchasing a Maltese to make sure they are financially able to care for one. I have heard some suggest that you should have as much in the bank for unexpected medical expenses as the purchase price of the puppy - then add to it regularly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts