Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kylee just ate a peice of bone like cooked bone that was from buffalo wings that we had monday night. it was outside and a peice must have fallen out of the trash can. I dont know how much she ate but she definetly ate a pretty big peice. So my question is should I call the answering servic for the vet (only for emergencies)?? or wait till tomorrow? I am freaking out bc i just see this thing putting a hole in her intestines or something horrible like that. Please let me know what u guys think.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I really am not qualified to answer but I would be worried about it being rotten if it had any meat on it at all...of course it depends on how cold it is there. And if she chewed it well then it might just be digested as usual.

If it were me, I think I'd call... they may want you to have her throw it up... it can't hurt to call.. better safe than sorry. I hope everything will be OK.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
it doesnt hurt to call the vet and see what they recommend....i would watch for signs of pain, vomiting, weakness...i dont know how big this bone was so it is hard to say....it could cause an obstrustion...im not sure if it is too big to make themm throw it up...so give them a call and see...better to catch it now while it is still in her stomach.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
NewMom328, I did not see this post until today. I am just wondering how your baby is doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts