Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is true, but someone sent it to me:

Subject :IMPORTANT

I recently had a neighbor who had their 5-year old German shepherd dog
put down due to liver failure.The dog was completely healthy until a few
weeks ago.
They had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels were
unbelievable,
as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind.
The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's
with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown
was hard to believe.
My neighbor started going through all the items in the
house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he
noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be harmful to
small children and animals."
He called the company to ask what the
contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out
that antifreeze is one of the ingredients.
(Actually he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from
antifreeze).
Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the
solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution
to destroy its liver. Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two
cats
also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick
cleanups
on their floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, but he asked
that we spread the word to as many people as possible.
EVEN IF YOU DO NOT OWN A PET PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Thanks for posting this, because although we think this one is probably not true, you might have found something we hadn't heard and its good to be in the know
I like that we all look out for each other here
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top