Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valletta just turned one yesterday...and in honor of her birthday, we went to our local SPCA chapter and donated all her unused puppy food as well as old towels, blankets and newspapers. We also made a contribution to help the poor animals who lost their homes. Some how that just seemed more appropriate than buying her even more little toys and treats. I found out while we were there that there was a home in Asbury Park where 40 pit bull mixes were rescued late last week. Some of them were puppies just days old.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
You need to put her birthday on the SM calendar so we can wish her well! That's great that you made that donation in her honor.

Happy First Birthday, Valletta!!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Happy Birthday Valletta. What a wonderful thing y'all did! Any photos of the big day???

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
September is a big birthday month in my house...my two daughters are also celebrating birthdays this month. My oldest said that she doesn't want us to buy her gifts...she wants to use the money to send to the Red Cross. Of course we will still buy her gifts in addition to the donation, but as a parent, I cannot tell you how proud I am. She is going to be 12. BTW, Valletta enjoyed her birthday very much...topped off with a trip to the groomers yesterday. She looks adorable in Marj's birthstone bow, although several people asked if she was a boy. There were three other malts being groomed at the same time (I guess it was malt hour) and they were all playing on the floor together. It was the cutest thing. The other three were all males and Valletta was the smallest of the bunch. She still has more of a puppy look about her than the other dogs as they were older. The four dogs caused quite a stir at the window as everyone was oooh-ing and aaah-ing over them!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Happy belated birthday to Valletta! You have a very beautiful baby! Congratulations for having such a caring and thoughtful young daughter, too!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Happy, Happy Birthday to Valletta....and to your daughter also. She is a special little girl indeed....and she must have learned that from her parents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts