Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I post this for Marie. After midnight last night, she had to say goodbye to her heart and soul, Snowball Pie. So please join me in paying tribute to Snowball Pie. Maire, you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. Snowball Pie was an amazing little boy, and we will all miss him dearly. Play with sound and full screen

Waiting at the Door.
I was just a pup when we first met,
I loved you from the start.
You picked me up and took me home
and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together,
we shared all life could throw
but years passed all too quickly,
my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me,
I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that fall when
I'm not Waiting at the Door
You always did your best for me
Your love was plain to see.
For even though it broke your heart, you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me,
one day we'll meet once more,
for when you're called to Heaven
I'll be Waiting at the Door

Your angel wings were ready, but our hearts were not. Run free Snowball Pie.
I am crying as I read about Snowball Pie's passing. The pain of losing these precious babies is unbearable and it does help that there are others who know exactly how you feel. My heart goes out to Marie and I will pray for her pain to lift and for happy memories to flood her heart.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I post this for Marie. After midnight last night, she had to say goodbye to her heart and soul, Snowball Pie. So please join me in paying tribute to Snowball Pie. Maire, you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. Snowball Pie was an amazing little boy, and we will all miss him dearly. Play with sound and full screen

Waiting at the Door.
I was just a pup when we first met,
I loved you from the start.
You picked me up and took me home
and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together,
we shared all life could throw
but years passed all too quickly,
my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me,
I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that fall when
I'm not Waiting at the Door
You always did your best for me
Your love was plain to see.
For even though it broke your heart, you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me,
one day we'll meet once more,
for when you're called to Heaven
I'll be Waiting at the Door

Your angel wings were ready, but our hearts were not. Run free Snowball Pie.
Beautiful Video and Maltese. So sorry for your loss.💕

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Please accept my very heartfelt condolences upon the passing of your precious Snowball Pie Marie. I am truly sorry for your loss and can certainly relate as we lost our precious Chrissy at the end of October.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Please accept my very heartfelt condolences upon the passing of your precious Snowball Pie Marie. I am truly sorry for your loss and can certainly relate as we lost our precious Chrissy at the end of October.
Linda, thank you so much. It is so hard now living in this house without my Snowball.

It is a week today that we had to take Snowball to the hospital late in the evening. This afternoon I will be bringing home Snowball’s ashes .. it’s going to be so hard for me with realizing that he is not physically returning home in his precious sweet cuddly body. I will miss tethering my sweet and precious Snowball in his Snoozer car seat. ( I do not plan on removing his car seat either.)

Linda, I am so, so sorry for the loss of you precious Chrissy, too. Sending you love and warm healing hugs.

Marie

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Marie, you have certainly been in my thoughts and Prayers ever since I learned that your precious Snowball Pie passed away. Our Chrissy passed away just 10 days after her diagnosis of which we had absolutely no idea how very, very ill she was and neither did our Vet. She had no symptoms until the very last two days and as with you yourself, it was absolutely devastating to say the least. My consolation is that Chrissy did not suffer until the very last night and then we had to let her go over to Rainbow Bridge. May the Good Lord wrap his arms around you Marie and give you comfort.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Marie I couldn’t believe it when I saw this. I stopped going to your Wall on FB each day because I thought Snowball was going to be okay. How I wish I was right.
The video memorial was so beautiful.
My heart breaks for you Marie. Please know I will be praying for peace for your heart. I know it will take a long time. 💔😢😭

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Marie, you have certainly been in my thoughts and Prayers ever since I learned that your precious Snowball Pie passed away. Our Chrissy passed away just 10 days after her diagnosis of which we had absolutely no idea how very, very ill she was and neither did our Vet. She had no symptoms until the very last two days and as with you yourself, it was absolutely devastating to say the least. My consolation is that Chrissy did not suffer until the very last night and then we had to let her go over to Rainbow Bridge. May the Good Lord wrap his arms around you Marie and give you comfort.
Linda, thank you, again, for your kind words and prayers.

It is just 11 days since Snowball passed ... but, it feels more like eleven years. The pain and heartache still feel raw. I am sure that for the rest of my life there will be many endless tears for Snowball. It’s written that the deeper we have loved someone ... the deeper we grieve ... and, I believe that now.

I think about Walter’s Lucky. In October, 2017 ,,, I met Walter and Lucky, in person. I got to hold Luck and spend time with him. I still smile thinking about how Luck got me to share my veggie pizza and hummus (that Walter made for us) with him. I grieved so much when Lucky passed and I still think about him ... how could I not? For Paula’s Matilda, too. I have had many tears for all of the Spoiled Maltese pups who have passed and that grew up with my Snowball and our Spoiled Maltese family. Your Chrissy, too.

Now, I am grieving my darling precious Snowball Pie ... who was with me for 16 years and two months. Snowball was the absolute love and light of my life. I loved Snowball with all of my heart and being ... so, the deep, deep grief I feel for my Angel Snowball, for me ... seems unbearable at times.

Linda, thank you again, for have taken time to post and for the prayers. It means so much to me. Sending you love and hugs.

Marie

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Marie I couldn’t believe it when I saw this. I stopped going to your Wall on FB each day because I thought Snowball was going to be okay. How I wish I was right.
The video memorial was so beautiful.
My heart breaks for you Marie. Please know I will be praying for peace for your heart. I know it will take a long time. 💔😢😭
Elaine, thank you. And, yes ... I think everyone who checked in on my Facebook page, thought that towards the end ... that Snowball was going to make it. Many of us seemed focused on his right eye healing. I don’t know if you read that Snowball’s ophthalmologist said that in June, Snowball would be able to be free of the cone. I was looking forward to Snowball finally being able to enjoy his very favorite place to walk ... and, most importantly, while on his walk ... stop along the way and sniff all of his favorite spots.

The video ... In Loving Memory of Snowball ...

I took months thinking ahead of how I wanted Snowball to be remembered. No joke ... when I was trying to choose pictures for the video it was not easy ... I have pictures for almost every day of Snowball’s life here. Over 16years +2 months ... more than one i-Phone, a few computers, a few i-Pads ... that were used to capture so many memorable moments with Snowball.

I think it was sometime earlier last year when I heard the song ... Jealous of the Angels for the first time. The words to that song are exactly how I felt and feel about Snowball and I. So many friends ... and, even Snowball’s medical team, saw the deep and soulful bond between me and Snowball. Elaine, even Chewy’s sent a gorgeous floral arrangement after Snowball passed. Snowball was so well loved by so many.

And, of course, I will be forever grateful to Mags ... who helped to beautifully match the pictures to the words of the song Jealous of the Angels ... and then help time and post the video for me ... on Facebook, Spoiled Maltese, and YouTube. Mags is an Earth Angel.

Elaine, do you remember when Snowball was a puppy and you sent a book to me titled ... Snowball? After all these years .... I still have it.❤

Elaine, thank you, again, for thinking about us and for the prayers. It means the world to me.

Hugs and Love ...
Marie

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
10,161 Posts
Linda, thank you, again, for your kind words and prayers.

It is just 11 days since Snowball passed ... but, it feels more like eleven years. The pain and heartache still feel raw. I am sure that for the rest of my life there will be many endless tears for Snowball. It’s written that the deeper we have loved someone ... the deeper we grieve ... and, I believe that now.

I think about Walter’s Lucky. In October, 2017 ,,, I met Walter and Lucky, in person. I got to hold Luck and spend time with him. I still smile thinking about how Luck got me to share my veggie pizza and hummus (that Walter made for us) with him. I grieved so much when Lucky passed and I still think about him ... how could I not? For Paula’s Matilda, too. I have had many tears for all of the Spoiled Maltese pups who have passed and that grew up with my Snowball and our Spoiled Maltese family. Your Chrissy, too.

Now, I am grieving my darling precious Snowball Pie ... who was with me for 16 years and two months. Snowball was the absolute love and light of my life. I loved Snowball with all of my heart and being ... so, the deep, deep grief I feel for my Angel Snowball, for me ... seems unbearable at times.

Linda, thank you again, for have taken time to post and for the prayers. It means so much to me. Sending you love and hugs.

Marie
Marie,

I think about Snowball everyday. How much he loved that perch of his before the picture window, how much he loved his fruitables, how he looked in his t shirts, how he curled up on his blankets. I think about how sick he was and how you were there for him and how with your care he lived many more years after his heart issues. I know the pain does ease with time but the memories increase. You will be doing an everyday thing and you will be reminded of him. He will always be a sweet angel in our hearts.

Reactions: edelweiss

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Marie,

I think about Snowball everyday. How much he loved that perch of his before the picture window, how much he loved his fruitables, how he looked in his t shirts, how he curled up on his blankets. I think about how sick he was and how you were there for him and how with your care he lived many more years after his heart issues. I know the pain does ease with time but the memories increase. You will be doing an everyday thing and you will be reminded of him. He will always be a sweet angel in our hearts.
Walter, thank you so much for your touching words. You know that it means the world to me.

Today it Is 13 days since Snowball was last physically here in his home. The pain of not having him here with me is still raw and often feels unbearable. Everything reminds me of Snowball ... everywhere I look. The clock alone reminds me that my precious Angel endured so much the past several months ... and, with meds and eyedrops around the clock ... every six hours, including in the middle of the night ... at 2AM. He was such a trooper for all he went through.

I am so grateful to everyone who expressed how much Snowball touched their lives. On Facebook, Spoiled Maltese, via mail, flowers, and phone calls ... in addition to all the individual handwritten sympathy cards from everyone of Snowball’s doctors. Krisi, his lifelong vet who gave him his acupuncture treatments. Dr. Rouse, who made bi-weekly home visits here. Dr. Samuels, his ophthalmologist. Snowball’s beloved cardiologist, Dr. Tyrrell. And, the surgery and ER doctors at The Life Center. Dr. Tyrrell hand-wrote a lengthly and touching message ... his very last sentence gives me much comfort ... “Please find comfort in knowing he is now resting up In Heaven waiting at the Rainbow Bridge”

Walter, thank you, again, for the beautiful Angel you sent ... it is placed on my night table next to the picture you had made a few years ago of me and Snowball.
Flower Plant Cloud Property Photograph

Human Beard Companion dog Facial hair Event
Plant White Comfort Textile Lighting

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
Dear Marie, how my heart ached as you fought for Snowball and aches now for your loss. I admire you so much because you never gave up and you helped him live such a full life all these years. You have so many wonderful memories of your precious Snowball, I hope they comfort you, along with all the love of your friends here. XOXO

I'm sorry this should be a separate post to Walter's but I'm sure that's ok.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
his reflection, I remember a long time ago when you posted this and noted the little face in the window
Brenda, yes ... the reflection of Snowball’s face in the window. ❤ Snowball loved spending time there on the window seat ... it was one of his favorite spots. His last several months though he struggled to get up his steps. So, I would help him get up there.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Dear Marie, how my heart ached as you fought for Snowball and aches now for your loss. I admire you so much because you never gave up and you helped him live such a full life all these years. You have so many wonderful memories of your precious Snowball, I hope they comfort you, along with all the love of your friends here. XOXO

I'm sorry this should be a separate post to Walter's but I'm sure that's ok.
Thank you so much, Brenda. I miss my precious Snowball so, so much. There is dead silence in this house ... it is no longer a home without him. I cannot fall asleep at all during the night ... it’s just a reminder that my sweet Snowball still needed to have his meds and eye drops every 4/5 hours around the clock. And, I hate to fall asleep and then have to wake up to the reality that my darling Snowball is not physically here to talk to, take care of him, and cuddle with him.

Brenda, thank you for being so supportive, kind, and caring. You are another one of my Earth Angels. I love you, dear friend. ❤

Marie

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
Marie if it helps to share anything and everything about your Snowball, please do, either here or you can message me.
When Mom lost Dad she slept with the bedroom light on every night after, and overall it was hardest at night. I hope that you can dream of Snowball and that brings comfort.

xoxo Brenda

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kathy, I expressed to you on Facebook how much I appreciate all the wonderful support, caring, and love you have continued to give me and Snowball over the past several months. That means the world to me.

Just a few days before I had to make the decision that it was time for Snowball to Rest In Peace ... I think all of us on Facebook thought he was going to make it. The eye was almost healed and I was so excited to learn from the ophthalmologist, that after three long months ... Snowball could be free of the cone that was protecting his eye. I looked forward to him being able to go for a walk and again be able to sniff his favorite spots without the cone.

As you know ... yes, he was my world. Snowball was my sunshine. He lifted me up (like it the song says in the video) ... he was my Angel. Now I feel lost and completely devastated. I try to sleep as I hold tight in my arms his poncho and blanket that he wore to the hospital. I sleep next to the spot where he last slept with me. I will grieve changing the sheets this week ,,, because he slept on them. I find it hard to sleep because I don’t want to wake up and be reminded he is not here to physically hold close, cuddle, and love. I miss kissing his sweet little tongue, kissing his precious nose, kissing his ears and paws, and the top of his head. I miss talking to him ... and singing silly songs I made up. I cannot put away or move anything of his ... even his little ceramic water bowl with the water still in it. I love him and miss him deeply.

I appreciate so much, Kathy, how much you understand why I feel so lost and devastated. Thank you so much, dear friend, for posting here and on Facebook.

Love and Hugs,
Marie
Dear Marie, I am brand new to the page, a Maltese mommy from Florida who came here looking for some connection and comfort from others who might be going through the same thing as I am. I lost my little girl Chloee 4 days ago unexpectedly. It happened so fast that I hardly had time to process what was going on. She was my world, my best friend, and I didn’t go anywhere without her. Everything you expressed, I too am feeling, it’s as if you took the words from my mouth. My heart is breaking with yours, as I now know how crippling the emptiness of losing my baby is. I am numb and lifeless since she left me as are you are and I keep praying I wake up from this nightmare. I just wanted to let you know that I feel the pain you are going through, and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I would love to connect with you personally if you don’t mind. I know we could relate to each other and hold each other up through this absolutely devastating time. Please message me if you want to talk. I think it would be comforting to both of us. Sending you prayers for strength and hugs to ease your pain.
Charlene
(Chloee’s mommy from FL)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Walter, thank you so much for your touching words. You know that it means the world to me.

Today it Is 13 days since Snowball was last physically here in his home. The pain of not having him here with me is still raw and often feels unbearable. Everything reminds me of Snowball ... everywhere I look. The clock alone reminds me that my precious Angel endured so much the past several months ... and, with meds and eyedrops around the clock ... every six hours, including in the middle of the night ... at 2AM. He was such a trooper for all he went through.

I am so grateful to everyone who expressed how much Snowball touched their lives. On Facebook, Spoiled Maltese, via mail, flowers, and phone calls ... in addition to all the individual handwritten sympathy cards from everyone of Snowball’s doctors. Krisi, his lifelong vet who gave him his acupuncture treatments. Dr. Rouse, who made bi-weekly home visits here. Dr. Samuels, his ophthalmologist. Snowball’s beloved cardiologist, Dr. Tyrrell. And, the surgery and ER doctors at The Life Center. Dr. Tyrrell hand-wrote a lengthly and touching message ... his very last sentence gives me much comfort ... “Please find comfort in knowing he is now resting up In Heaven waiting at the Rainbow Bridge”

Walter, thank you, again, for the beautiful Angel you sent ... it is placed on my night table next to the picture you had made a few years ago of me and Snowball. View attachment 276156
View attachment 276155 View attachment 276159
I didn't know Snowball PIe but I am very familiar with the pain you are going through and I cried when I read this post. My heartful condolences on your loss. There are no words to make you feel better but my wish for you is that you can find some peace in your memories of your time together. I'm not sure if the pain ever goes away or we just find better ways to deal with it. One of my favorite quotes--- "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Marie if it helps to share anything and everything about your Snowball, please do, either here or you can message me.
When Mom lost Dad she slept with the bedroom light on every night after, and overall it was hardest at night. I hope that you can dream of Snowball and that brings comfort.

xoxo Brenda
Brenda, thank you so much. You are such a dear and wonderful friend. And, thank you, again, for the gorgeous floral arrangement. Love you, sweet Brenda. ❤
Flower Plant Flowerpot Petal Houseplant

Flower Plant Green Leaf Petal

Flower Plant Petal Hybrid tea rose Rose

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I didn't know Snowball PIe but I am very familiar with the pain you are going through and I cried when I read this post. My heartful condolences on your loss. There are no words to make you feel better but my wish for you is that you can find some peace in your memories of your time together. I'm not sure if the pain ever goes away or we just find better ways to deal with it. One of my favorite quotes--- "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"
Thank you so much for your kind and caring words. ❤

The pain and sadness will never completely go away ...because I can no longer hold and cuddle Snowball in my arms. However, I have over 16 plus years of memories with my precious Angel ... Snowball Pie. I am som grateful for the hundreds of thousands of pictures and movies that I took of Snowball throughout the years ... and, I will remember all the wonderful and fun moments that Snowball and I shared together.

Snowball was the light and love of my life. Snowball’s unconditional love was the most beautiful gift that I have ever received. I believe that even though my tears still flow every day ( more so now late at night and until the sun comes up) that Snowball’s angelic spirit is with me. I am trying my best to deal with it. I go to bed every night cuddling the blanket and the poncho that Snowball was wearing as I held him ... and as he went to sleep ... and to rest in Heavenly peace.

Yesterday I went to Snowball’s favorite walking spot and dropped rose petals ( from six dozen roses) on the sidewalk in honor of my Snowball Pie. As I spread the roses over the sidewalk ... I talked to my Snowball and told him I was also dropping some roses over his favorite sniffing spots, too! 🥰
Plant Road surface Land lot Asphalt Grass

Plant Petal Road surface Botany Asphalt

Plant Road surface Asphalt Fire hydrant Tree

Plant Petal Road surface Asphalt Pink

21 - 40 of 66 Posts