Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
On a short puppy trim, I brush from front to back. With anything longer, I brush each side of the coat from part to floor (back end, sides, head). I brush the longer coat in layers with the dog on its side.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by maltlover@Feb 21 2005, 07:19 PM
Id just like to know in what direction and where do you start to brush your maltese, when there puppies and adults please, thanks.
Rosie
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=36808
[/QUOTE]
THank you so much for replying, now my other question that i forgot to include is which way do u use your sliker brush ?? And when ur brushing ur malt, u use the pin brush first then the comb right? Thanks

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Go through her coat with a good pin brush (if it's long enough), like A#1 All Systems, then follow up with a greyhound comb to make sure there are no mats, wider teeth first, then the finest teeth.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I use a natural bristle brush on Pico, sprayed with detangle spray (PurePaws) and I brush in the opposite direction of growth. He has a puppy cut as you can see and he just loves this brushing technique. It's like a massage and he will sit in my lap with his back facing me and just lower his head as I brush and his little body will start to sway as I brush his back and sides.

Now he's relaxed and I can lay him on his side and back to finish his haunches and chest. Then I go over him with the wide tooth steel comb for mats and his mustache. I spray the comb, too. Really slides through his mustache nicely.

We both enjoy this grooming session.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts