Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to petsmart on sunday and as i was looking at dog clothing, i turn around and see this huge dog running towards me. Wow, i grabed frosty and that huge dog jumped on me.

That dog "somehow" escaped from the training lessons....b/c he was excited to see frosty.

That dog was so big he nocked down the gate. I was speechless, the menager apologized and that was it.

when i got home and told the story to my b/f he called petsmart adn yelled at the them so bad that they offered free haircuts and gift cards. Ohhh boy i was freaking out. That wasnt a dog, it was a cow. Evem frosty got scared....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Ania@Feb 1 2005, 01:57 PM
We went to petsmart on sunday and as i was looking at dog clothing, i turn around and see this huge dog running towards me. Wow, i grabed frosty and that huge dog jumped on me.

That dog "somehow" escaped from the training lessons....b/c he was excited to see frosty.

That dog was so big he nocked down the gate. I was speechless, the menager apologized and that was it.

when i got home and told the story to my b/f he called petsmart adn yelled at the them so bad that they offered free haircuts and gift cards. Ohhh boy i was freaking out. That wasnt a  dog, it was a cow. Evem frosty got scared....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32787
[/QUOTE]

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!! (wow, havn't said that in like 15 years)

That is scary!! I'm glad he was just "excited" and not "aggitated".

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Wow! You and Frosty were really lucky. All it takes is a couple of shakes for a big dog to break the neck of a smaller animal.

I have taken Lady with me to Petsmart, but I would never let her down on the floor for fear of what happened to you. Another thing I worry about is germs. Since there is a vet clinic in our Petsmart, obviously even sick animals come in the store.

Next time do what I do and keep Frosty in a cart or in your arms, okay?

Glad both of you are okay!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yet another reason to stay away from PetSmart with your baby . I kinda wondered about the germs and junk on the floor and in the air with the Vet there....I was watching their groomers again on Saturday and saw one groomer take scissors and combs off another groomers table and use them on the other dog....I was kinda freaked out over that.... :new_Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
That's scary! I have to laugh at your cow comment though! hahah.

·
Registered
522 Posts
You know, I wondered about things like that. We were in PetSmart on Sunday and a huge dog was pulling a young boy around the store. The boy and his parents obviously thought they were the first people to ever own a dog, the way they were allowing the big dog to lunge at people (friendly) and knock over displays all the while proudly smiling from ear to ear. I wasn't amused nor were the other pet owners in the store. Thankfully the other people moved their dogs out of the way of the overly excited big dog but it was clear that the young kid did not have command of that situation.

Thank goodness Frosty wasn't harmed, physically or mentally. How do you keep this from happening again? That's very scary.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I shop at Petsmart so I don't want anyone to think that I'm being too negative. Sometimes when I'm in there I'm uncomfortable about some of the big dogs that seem to be controlling their owners, rather than the other way around. I've been known to go down a different aisle simply because I didn't want to have to walk by the huge Rottweiler in the middle of the aisle. Given my own hesitation, I don't allow any of my dogs to put their feet on the floor. I either carry them, OR they ride in their own carriers in the basket. (And I'm pretty careful about the baskets, too, because they never wash those baskets! Have you ever seen the Oprah show about how nasty and dirty grocery store baskets are? GROSS)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hope you two are okay. This happened to me and Peanut at Petco a few weeks ago. I don't even know what kind of a dog it was, but it was pretty big. It broke free from it's owners grip and came charging at Peanut. It was barking like crazy. Peanut wasn't hurt, I picked him up. But since then Peanut has been very afraid of big dogs. He use to be friendly, but now he barks at every big dog we see.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
wow you are so lucky... good thing it not a bad dog... I can't belive it knocked you over.
wow. Glad your safe and puppy too

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That is so scary--thank goodness he just barked! Not so long ago I was in Petsmart and there was a couple there that had a boxer (beautiful I might add) and they were trying every outfit, in his size, and taking a picture of him in each one!! It was pretty funny-but I was surprised one of the employees didn't stop them.

·
Registered
660 Posts
We don't have a Petsmart yet, at Petco I leave flurry in his carrier in the child seat area. When we went to see Santa there were some really big dogs there. Flurry was shaking because I usually don't take him out. The dogs were well behaved but I don't think I would do it again.

2 large dogs were in the area and we checked their tags and called their owners. They were chasing every living thing on the block, playing rough with them, treeing cats, chasing squirrels. I am afraid to take Flurry out front now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The scarey part was that i didnt know if that dog was running to bite me or what??? i have a small dog because im scared of big ones...

i think its pretty stupid that petsmart doesnt provide the training classes somewhere in teh back, but in the middle of the store!!! of course a big monster will run over anything if he sees an atractive little maltese with a bow in his her and a sexy jacket....lol, j/k

but yeah, pretty scary, watch your dogs when you go...tehy might get really scared and you wont even realize it.

ps. i didnt get the gift cards yet. I will let you know what i get from them when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Not to make light of your situation because you must have been scared, but it just shows that it pays to complain. I wouldn't have thought to complain about another dog charging me and my dog at PetsMart. I would have just left it at the apology and lost out on a grooming and gift cards!
We don’t take Fantasia there anymore because for some reason the smell of dogs makes her pant and shake uncontrollably. She does this at the vets and at PetsMart and Petco. She also does this at dog parks. I think she was ok at PetsMart only once and that was the first time we ever took her there when she was a pup. She wanted to say hi to everyone and every dog. But of course she was in my arms so she couldn’t say hi to everyone lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts