Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Indiana's governor on Friday signed a law that will make the entire state recognize Daylight Savings Time next year but whether the state will declare itself in the Central or Eastern time zones is still up in the air.

The Midwestern state will join the rest of the United States -- except for much of Arizona and Hawaii -- by adopting Daylight Savings Time and "spring ahead" one hour in April and "fall back" in October starting in 2006.

Currently, 77 of 92 counties stay on Eastern Standard Time year-round. Five counties in the southeastern corner of the state are on Eastern Time but change clocks with Daylight Savings Time.

The law also calls for hearings into whether Indiana should join either the Eastern or Central time zones, a spokesman for Republican Gov. Mitch Daniels said. Currently 10 counties in the western part of the state are in the Central time zone, while the other 82 counties recognize Eastern time.

The result is a confusing mishmash of clock watching that some business interests have argued damages the economy.

Critics say Daylight Savings Time is unnecessary and they had blocked repeated legislative attempts to change the system. One argument held that cows would have to be milked an hour earlier during Daylight Savings Time, causing them to lose sleep and produce less milk.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
My wish would be to stay on daylight savings time throughout the year...I hate getting hom in the dark and would much prefer to have that little bit of time still to walk Teddy even in the winter. I kow others will say that it is so dark then in the morning for the schoolers...but I don't know any school children who go at 6 am.

S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts