Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys,
riley got neutured a month and a half ago and he didnt have that much swelling after the appointment. Last night we noticed his sack unusually large and swollen and today it looks even bigger as if he had never gotten neutured (aka really swollen) we definetley taking him to the vet tomorrow but ive attached a picture and want to know what you guys think/if you had the same problem before with your pups! let me know

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
It looks like a fluid collection in his scrotal sac. It could be blood or an infection, or just fluid. The vet may want to drain it. It dosen't really look infected. I think it's called a hydrocele.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Sorry I can't help either. When Alex got neutered it did not look like this even tho they had to find the second testicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i made an appointment with the vet first thing in the morning, i just got home and his whole belly/legs are wet (hes been licking at it) so hopefully **** get help asap tomorrow morning, worst thing is i know he wont cooperate with the vet touching him there, he got all mad when we first took him in, hopefully he doesnt need the plastic e collar :(

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh I hope the dear little boy gets better soon. I have two males neutured and have never seen that, but I'm sure your vet will know what to do. Hoping all goes well soon.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Awwww poor Riley. I hope it's nothing serious. KUP and give him a hug and a kiss from us.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vet went well today, he just tried to bite our vet, Riley hates being touched down there.

Aside from that, he figured out that Riley has 2 INFECTIONS! One in his eye, he kept on rubbing his paws across them and thats what caused it, i tried to tell him no but I cant be responsible for that when im sleeping.

And he also has an infection on the scrotum where he was neutured :(
He got a cone, eye drops, and anti itch pills.
Hes been really mellow today though :( kinda alienated himself from the rest of the family, but hopefully he makes a super fast recovery.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
Poor little bug----hope he feels much better really soon---that is a tender area for sure! kisses from us!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Bless his sweet little heart. Oh he is not alienating from the family, he just doesn't feel himself, and that is understandable. Bless him.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh precious little guy I hope he has a speedy recovery. I've never met a dog that does like the cone. poor baby. Kisses and Hugs

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Ahhh poor little guy! I assume they've prescribed antibiotics as well? some can be a bit hard on the tummy so giving with food usually helps ( sometimes some pepcid helps as well....something to discuss with the vet should this become a problem).
Praying for a speedy recovery!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts